GALLIPOLIS — The City of Gallipolis will have its fourth annual Community Yard Sale between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Aug. 15 in Gallipolis City Park.
There will be no rain date, so the sales will take place rain or shine. Individuals will be allowed 16-foot by 30-foot sections around the perimeter of Gallipolis City Park.
A non-refundable permit fee of $10 for each section reserved will be charged for this event. People must pre-register at the City Tax Office in the City’s Municipal Building, 333 Third Ave., and pick a location. Registration will start Aug. 1 at the City Park from 9-11 a.m. Workers will have a table set up by the clock on the Second Avenue side of the park. Payment of cash or checks only. After Aug. 1, people can register at the tax office. Deadline to register is 3:45 p.m. Aug. 13.
Guidelines are as follows:
- Set up will be on the day of sale only.
- No sales are allowed before 8:30 am and no sales after 3 p.m.
- All items are to be removed from the park after the sale.
- All trash to be put in proper containers.
- No vehicles allowed in the park during the sale.
- Permits are to be displayed during the sale.
- No weapons of any type may be sold.
- Vendors to supply their own tables and chairs.
- No blocking sidewalks or cross walks.
- No monuments or trees to be used for display purposes.
For more information, call the city’s Code Enforcement office at 441-6022; the tax office at 446-1789 ext. 722; or visit the city’s website at cityofgallipolis.com, under Code Enforcement.