RIO GRANDE — The Board of Education of the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District held its regular meeting on the Buckeye Hills Career Center campus this week.
The following items were approved during the regular session with authorizations/resolutions as follows:
· Granted permission to make application for the Appalachian Regional Commission’s Power grant, and accept funds that may be awarded to the District.
· Granted permission make application for the Tech Cred grant, and accept funds that may be awarded to the District.
· Approved the 2021-2022 BHCC calendar.
· Granted authorization for the Superintendent to approve grants on behalf of the Board for the remainder of this calendar year.
· Granted permission to enter into an agreement with META Solutions for provision of basic services, capital improvements, fiscal software, EMIS services, SIMS, and Internet Filtering service.
· Approved a Memorandum of Understanding for Local Area 7 Workforce Development System for Gallia and Jackson Counties.
· Granted permission to enter into an agreement with E-Rate Consulting Services for FY 2021.
· Granted permission to enter into a purchase service agreement with Parallel Technologies, Inc. for a new paging/emergency public announcement system.
· Approved equipment removal from inventory.
In personnel matters, the Board:
· Confirmed employment for the following: Amy Barr, Morgan Daniels, Lori Hawks, Autumn Perkins, Tamara French, George McGraw, Joy Poe, Brandi Stevens (after school credit recovery program); Kari Trout (custodian), and Rondall Walker (logistics facilitator), and Todd Durham (substitute custodian).
· Accepted Cheryl Clary’s resignation for retirement.
· Employed Rebecca Polinsky as an interim postsecondary instructor.
· Approved the position description for postsecondary Financial Aid/Marketing Assistant.
· Revised the Part-Time and Substitute salary schedule.
· Employed Staci Keeton as a substitute aide and administrate professional.
· Employed part-time student employees.
In the Adult Center, the Board:
· Awarded part-time, hourly contracts for the following: Amy Barr, Jessica Blevins, Kevin Chapman, Morgan Daniels, Matthew Faber, Lori Hawks, Barbie Johnson, Shaun Northup, Autumn Perkins, Kevin Queen, Courtney Scarlato, Brandi Stump, and Tim Updike.
· Granted permission to enter into an agreement with EMT-Basic/First Responder for Jackson and Lawrence Counties Emergency Medical Services.
· Granted permission to enter into a clinical agreement with Jeanne Ingles Family Practice and St. Mary’s Medical Center.
Information provided by the Board of Education of the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District.