Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- Plans announced for River Recreation Festival - 11:33 am
- Mock Trial participants recognized at Gallia BOE meeting - 11:21 am
- Gallia Academy High School announces scholarship winners - 4:37 pm updated: 4:38 pm.
- Plans announced for Gallia Memorial Day parade, ceremony - 2:55 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Commissioners approve projects, financial items - 10:47 am
- Grand Jury returns 13 indictments - 10:37 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- BHCC announces new partnerships - 12:20 pm
- Gallia Visitors Bureau recognizes supporters, staff - 12:53 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
- Gallia Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 3:19 pm
- Gallia County 4-H Scholarship recipients announced - 12:13 pm
- 1 death, 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Bossard Library to host symposium on Civil War - 3:10 pm
- Latest jobless stats for Gallia, Meigs - 11:02 am
- 2022 Passport Challenge: Photo Scavenger Hunt - 11:05 am updated: 12:39 pm.
- Man dies in Mason house fire - 3:36 pm
- 3 deaths, 25 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
Commissioners approve projects, financial items
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Board of Commissioners met on April 28 to approve projects and financial matters.Present during the meeting were ...
Grand Jury returns 13 indictments
GALLIPOLIS — A total of 13 indictments were returned by a Gallia County Grand Jury recently.Gallia County Prosecuting Attorney Jason D. Holdren ...
PVH warns of phone scams
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) has been made aware and wanted to advise local residents about a phone scam in the area i...
49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
Editor’s note: Due to recent changes in the frequency of data reported by the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Valley Publishing’s COVID Up...
BHCC announces new partnerships
RIO GRANDE — Buckeye Hills Career Center (BHCC) announced recently they will enter four different partnerships with local businesses to help gro...
Lady Falcons blank Man, 2-0
MAN, W.Va. — One more step until the big stage.The Wahama softball team started its regional campaign the right way with a 2-0 road win Tuesday ...
Eastern falls to Huntsmen in 8 innings, 4-3
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — The Eagles just couldn’t finish what they started.The Eastern baseball team built a 3-1 lead through three full frames...
Tornadoes topple Manchester, 6-3
MANCHESTER, Ohio — The trip was perhaps a bit too business casual, but with the deal closed … the next destination will be all about the b...
Wahama wins sectional title
MASON, W.Va. — From the brink of elimination, these Falcons soared.The Wahama baseball team completed a 2-game comeback against the Ravenswood R...
Blue Angels bitten by Athens, 14-3
ATHENS, Ohio — The Blue Angels made their signature comeback … albeit a bit too soon.The Gallia Academy softball team erased a 2-0 deficit...
Warriors rally late, slip past Rio Grande
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — William Jessup (Calif.) University got a pair of big plays late — one with the bat and the other with the glove R...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Buckeye Hills Honor Roll
RIO GRANDE — The Buckeye Hills Career Center has announced the students appearing on the honor roll for the third nine weeks grading period that...
RVHS Honor Roll released
BIDWELL — River Valley High School has announced honor roll students for the second quarter of the 2021-22 school year as follows:Freshmen honor...
Collecting Valentine’s Day cards
GALLIA COUNTY — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce is collecting Valentine’s Day cards to distribute to local senior and assisted livin...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Bossard Library to offer beginning acoustic guitar course
GALLIPOLIS — In April, I had the opportunity to travel to Charlotte, N.C., to see Grammy-award winning singer-songwriter-guitarist John Mayer in...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...
Meigs Health Matters… Fresh produce
At some point in your life, you have most likely heard how important it is to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. But why? No matter where you...