Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Commissioners approve projects, financial items - 10:47 am
- Grand Jury returns 13 indictments - 10:37 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- BHCC announces new partnerships - 12:20 pm
- Gallia Visitors Bureau recognizes supporters, staff - 12:53 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
- Gallia Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 3:19 pm
- Gallia County 4-H Scholarship recipients announced - 12:13 pm
- 1 death, 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Bossard Library to host symposium on Civil War - 3:10 pm
- Latest jobless stats for Gallia, Meigs - 11:02 am
- 2022 Passport Challenge: Photo Scavenger Hunt - 11:05 am updated: 12:39 pm.
- Man dies in Mason house fire - 3:36 pm
- 3 deaths, 25 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Letart Township is flowering this Spring - 1:22 pm
- Open house scheduled at Canter’s Cave - 12:22 pm
- Library announces healthcare marketplace assistance - 11:36 am
- River Rec planning underway - 12:47 pm
- Commissioners approve projects, finances - 11:18 am
- Gallia Board of Ed. approves agenda items - 4:40 pm
Gallia Visitors Bureau recognizes supporters, staff
GALLIPOLIS — Each year at the Gallia County Convention and Visitors Bureau (GCCVB) Annual Dinner, the bureau recognizes several individuals and ...
Home, garden show coming Saturday
MASON — With Spring comes home improvement projects and outdoor fun, and local residents will have the opportunity to check out the latest offer...
Gallia Co. unofficial Primary Election results
GALLIA COUNTY — The unofficial results from the 2022 Primary Election were released on Tuesday night by the Gallia County Board of Election.Tota...
Gallia County 4-H Scholarship recipients announced
GALLIA COUNTY — Gallia County 4-H recently announced scholarship recipients. They are as follows:Cody Mathias is the 2022 recipient of the Vic a...
Bossard Library to host symposium on Civil War
GALLIPOLIS — Civil War historians and enthusiasts are encouraged to attend a Civil War symposium to be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, M...
Redmen, Lady Hornets win OVC track titles
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — There wasn’t much of a quantity, so the quality real shined through.The Gallia Academy track and field teams set a pai...
Wahama, Lady Cats headed to state
WINFIELD, W.Va. — Some traditional good fortunes for Wahama. Some really fortunate outcomes for the Lady Cats too.All in all, a pretty promising...
Wahama wins, heads to Ravenswood Saturday
And so they will do it again. The Wahama baseball team advanced to the Class A Region IV, Section 2 championship game with a 12-2 victory over Calhoun...
Wahama advances to regionals
HARTFORD, W.Va. — A feat so nice, they did it thrice.The Wahama softball team defeated the Gilmer County Lady Titans 8-2 at home Thursday evenin...
Local teams compete at Meigs Open
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — One last run through before the start of the postseason.The track and field teams from River Valley, Gallia Academy, Wahama,...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Buckeye Hills Honor Roll
RIO GRANDE — The Buckeye Hills Career Center has announced the students appearing on the honor roll for the third nine weeks grading period that...
RVHS Honor Roll released
BIDWELL — River Valley High School has announced honor roll students for the second quarter of the 2021-22 school year as follows:Freshmen honor...
Collecting Valentine’s Day cards
GALLIA COUNTY — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce is collecting Valentine’s Day cards to distribute to local senior and assisted livin...
Bossard Library to offer beginning acoustic guitar course
GALLIPOLIS — In April, I had the opportunity to travel to Charlotte, N.C., to see Grammy-award winning singer-songwriter-guitarist John Mayer in...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...
Meigs Health Matters… Fresh produce
At some point in your life, you have most likely heard how important it is to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. But why? No matter where you...
Search the Scriptures: Reasonable people in unreasonable times
It should not be surprising that this fallen world, being at odds as it is with its Creator, is a contentious realm filled with unhappiness, strife an...
God’s Kids Korner: Happy Mother’s Day
I am sure that all of you know that it is Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. You will probably give your mother a card or a present. Someplace on ...
The tribulations we experience are par for the course
Jesus Christ was very honest with us when He said that “in the world you shall have tribulation.” It is a literal truth that cannot be den...