Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- Emancipation scholarship recipients announced - 4:25 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- Our House Tavern Museum celebrates anniversary - 4:07 pm
- Gallia Commissioners discuss sewer project, issue proclamations, resolutions - 4:06 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Plans announced for River Recreation Festival - 11:33 am
- Mock Trial participants recognized at Gallia BOE meeting - 11:21 am
- Gallia Academy High School announces scholarship winners - 4:37 pm updated: 4:38 pm.
- Plans announced for Gallia Memorial Day parade, ceremony - 2:55 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Commissioners approve projects, financial items - 10:47 am
- Grand Jury returns 13 indictments - 10:37 am
- PVH warns of phone scams - 9:15 am
- 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- BHCC announces new partnerships - 12:20 pm
- Gallia Visitors Bureau recognizes supporters, staff - 12:53 pm
- Home, garden show coming Saturday - 11:17 am
- Gallia Co. unofficial Primary Election results - 3:19 pm
- Gallia County 4-H Scholarship recipients announced - 12:13 pm
- 1 death, 49 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
Free suicide awareness, prevention training available
GALLIPOLIS — The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) received funding from the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio’s (FAO) Cause Connector ...
‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The West Virginia Vietnam Veterans Traveling Wall will be at The Quality Inn in Gallipolis on Friday and Saturday.The display...
“Celebrate Recovery” event
OHIO VALLEY — The Gallia-Jackson-Meigs (GJM) ADAMH Board is inviting those in recovery, or those seeking information about recovery to join the ...
Dinner cruise tickets now on sale
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant River Museum has announced plans for a dinner cruise on July 25 aboard the Belle of Cincinnati.The Di...
MCIYS obtains non-profit status
POMEROY — Meigs County Innovative Youth Society (MCIYS) was the focus on opening day of the Meigs County Farmers Market (MCFM). Since the Market...
1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
Editor’s note: Due to recent changes in the frequency of data reported by the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Valley Publishing’s COVID Up...
Point wins 4 titles on Day 1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — If Day 1 was any indication, the theme of this mid-week meet is going perfectly.The Point Pleasant track and field programs ...
Wahama returning to state
HARTFORD, W.Va. — As the saying goes, defense wins championships.The Wahama softball team showed this in a 3-1 victory at home against the Man L...
Ohio district track meets begin
And they are off and running.The ‘Buckeye’ side of the Ohio Valley Publishing area has hit full stride as all six area schools have scored...
Lady Falcons blank Man, 2-0
MAN, W.Va. — One more step until the big stage.The Wahama softball team started its regional campaign the right way with a 2-0 road win Tuesday ...
Eastern falls to Huntsmen in 8 innings, 4-3
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — The Eagles just couldn’t finish what they started.The Eastern baseball team built a 3-1 lead through three full frames...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Buckeye Hills Honor Roll
RIO GRANDE — The Buckeye Hills Career Center has announced the students appearing on the honor roll for the third nine weeks grading period that...
RVHS Honor Roll released
BIDWELL — River Valley High School has announced honor roll students for the second quarter of the 2021-22 school year as follows:Freshmen honor...
Collecting Valentine’s Day cards
GALLIA COUNTY — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce is collecting Valentine’s Day cards to distribute to local senior and assisted livin...
Christ defangs the bite of prejudice
The major biting shortcoming of co-existence among the people of varying ethnic, racial, social, and religious characteristics has to do with prejudic...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...
God’s Kids Korner: Filled with the Holy Spirit
Before Jesus returned to heaven to be with his Father, He told his disciples in John 14:12 that they would do even greater things than He had done whe...
Bossard Library to offer beginning acoustic guitar course
GALLIPOLIS — In April, I had the opportunity to travel to Charlotte, N.C., to see Grammy-award winning singer-songwriter-guitarist John Mayer in...
Holzer to host free skin cancer screening
JACKSON — The month of May is recognized as Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Skin cancer is the most common cancer among people in the United States...