When ‘Who Dey!’ was immersed in Wilmington
Primary filing update
A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
Gallia Auditor appointed
- Local author to host ‘launch’ for latest work - 9:27 pm
- Latest unemployment stats for Gallia, Meigs - 4:51 pm
- Gov tells Bette Midler to kiss dog’s ‘hiney’ — and shows it - 4:38 pm
- Cincinnati Bengals fans grow hunger relief - 3:33 pm
- Hosting ‘Winterfest’ - 3:14 pm
- 187 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:08 pm
- When ‘Who Dey!’ was immersed in Wilmington - 3:00 pm
- Appalachian Power files for approval of projects - 4:27 pm
- County Commissioners show support for museum - 2:32 pm
- 1 death, 181 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:20 pm
- Nearly $15 million of funding to Behavioral Healthcare - 6:40 pm
- Firefighters awarded for service - 4:35 pm
- 217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:51 pm
- Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients - 3:30 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy… Excellent results, faster recovery, and less pain - 3:10 pm
- Primary filing update - 5:04 pm
- 3 deaths, 97 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:16 pm
- GCSD convenes for first regular meeting of ‘22 - 3:03 pm
- 449 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:51 pm
- 3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19 - 4:00 pm
- Gallia Board of DD welcomes new member - 3:04 pm
- A new chapter… Repurposing for further development - 2:42 pm
- National Plan for Vacation Day set for Jan. 25 - 4:23 pm
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- 1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
1 death, 181 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there was one additional death, as well as 181 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Pub...
Nearly $15 million of funding to Behavioral Healthcare
COLUMBUS — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Wednesday announced that $14.9 million in American Rescue Plan (ARPA) Supplemental Block Grants funds will b...
Firefighters awarded for service
PATRIOT — The Greenfield Township Volunteer Fire Department recently held the department’s end-of-year dinner, honoring firefighters and a...
217 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were 217 new COVID-19 cases reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Wednesday.In Gall...
Gov. DeWine announces MARCS Grant recipients
COLUMBUS — Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Tuesday announced the recipients of the 2022 MARCS (Multi-Agency Radio Communications Systems) grant, which ...
Laparoscopic hysterectomy… Excellent results, faster recovery, and less pain
For women, a hysterectomy is one of the most common types of surgeries they may have to consider in their lives. Used to treat a number of health cond...
Waterford sweeps Lady Rebels, 54-43
WATERFORD, Ohio — A 3-headed monster with a devastating 1-2 punch.Host Waterford had three players amass all but four of its first half points, ...
Saint Albans downs Lady Falcons, 45-22
MASON, W.Va. — The Lady Dragons were not slain on this night.The Wahama girls basketball team dropped a home game to the tune of 45-22 Thursday ...
Marauders win at Crooksville, 76-36
CROOKSVILLE, Ohio — The Meigs boys basketball team picked up a 76-36 road win Thursday evening against the Crooksville Ceramics.The Marauders (8...
Lady Tornadoes fall to Belpre, 43-37
BELPRE, Ohio — The Southern girls basketball team fell 43-37 on the road Thursday evening to the Belpre Lady Eagles in a Tri-Valley Conference H...
Ironton sweeps Blue Angels, 47-31
CENTENARY, Ohio — The Lady Tigers simply had better balance.Visiting Ironton had two players pour in double digits and had eight total reach the...
Honor roll announced
RIO GRANDE — The Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District has announced students who made honor roll during the second nine week g...
Beta Alpha members hear dyslexia presentation
GALLIPOLIS — The Beta Alpha Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma recently met at the Holzer Health Center in The East Family Community Room for their No...
Veterans remembered with wreath ceremony
CLAY TOWNSHIP — The inaugural Wreaths Across America event at Providence Cemetery brought the community together to honor veterans.Each year, De...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild celebrates the season
With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas before us, members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild found time to squeeze eating in while meeting on two ...
GAMS Honor Roll released
Gallia Academy Middle School recently released its honor roll for the first nine weeks as follows:Sixth GradePaiten Arnold, Nick Barnes, Adriana Bartk...
Glimpses of America, 1957
A couple of years ago, one of my sweet and gentle readers, Mary Crider, gave me a large stack of my favorite childhood magazine, Sports Illustrated, m...
Protecting Ohioans from surprise medical bills
For years we have worked to protect Ohioans from out of control surprise medical bills, and thanks to the No Surprises Act, which went into effect on ...
Grow a few vegetables indoors this winter
Limited outdoor growing space or cold winters may have you missing fresh homegrown vegetables. Make this the winter you try growing a few vegetables i...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...