Here comes Halloween
Gallia Local District joins ‘Breakfast in the Classroom’
Riding for a cause
Canine unit recognized for outstanding service
Pomeroy Sternwheel Regatta begins Thursday
- UTURN concert ministries event tonight - 7:54 pm
- Emancipation Celebration schedule set - 6:10 pm
- Mothman festival brings in thousands - 5:33 pm
- Former Mason County Deputy sentenced to prison - 3:59 pm
- City to find landowners responsible in tenants’ ‘nuisance’ - 9:46 pm
- RXQ Compounding expanding in Albany - 9:05 pm
- ‘Songs of Rural America’ Symphony to have world premiere - 8:34 pm
- Riding for a cause - 5:01 pm
- Meigs-Gallia CASA hosting informational sessions - 4:35 pm
- Logan man indicted for murder of wife - 4:13 pm updated: 4:24 pm.
- Munchkin City opens in Middleport - 2:28 pm
- Vallee receives Dorothy Royce Award - 2:03 pm
- Edward Jones financial advisors and families donate to Make-A-Wish - 2:02 pm
- Holzer celebrates National Security Officer Appreciation Week - 1:58 pm
- Leo Club holds leadership conference - 8:59 pm
- Cruisin’ Saturday Night Car Show held in Racine - 5:16 pm
- Consumers alerted to increase in IRS scam calls - 2:18 pm
- Celebrate Recovery to celebrate 6th anniversary - 2:05 pm
- Pomeroy Sternwheel Regatta begins Thursday - 1:49 pm
- Thomas Arts Trail dedicated in memory of local artist - 9:39 pm
- New Haven kickball tournament returns - 5:22 pm
- Wroblewski to keynote POW, MIA Day - 2:48 pm
- Art in the Village to be held Oct. 13 - 7:36 pm
- Mentoring the next generation - 1:05 pm
- Pomeroy Sternwheel Regatta begins Thursday - 4:46 pm
Logan man indicted for murder of wife
LOGAN — Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Hocking County Prosecutor Benjamin E. Fickel announced, in a news release on Wednesday afternoon, ...
Vallee receives Dorothy Royce Award
Each year, the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice recognizes outstanding individuals for the exemplary service and care they provide. The dedicati...
Edward Jones financial advisors and families donate to Make-A-Wish
MASON COUNTY — Two West Virginia boys had their wishes to visit Walt Disney World come true thanks to a nearly $12,000 grant to Make-A-Wish®...
Holzer celebrates National Security Officer Appreciation Week
Holzer recently recognized security officers during the fourth annual National Security Officer Appreciation Week, Sept. 16-22, 2018.National Security...
Leo Club holds leadership conference
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Community Leo Club recently hosted a conference at Bossard Memorial Library so students might present and listen to ...
Southern streaks past Lady Falcons
MASON, W.Va. — From winless to a winning streak.It’s been a pretty good 24-hour cycle for the Southern volleyball team as the Lady Tornado...
Lady Tomcats edge Eastern
GLOUSTER, Ohio — As close as it gets.The Eastern volleyball team suffered its first Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division setback of the season...
Golden Bears beat Rio in RSC opener
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — West Virginia University-Tech dominated from start to finish and cruised to a 3-0 win over the University of Rio Grande, Tues...
Tornadoes win tri-match at Riverside
MASON, W.Va. — Different location, same result.After defeating the Meigs golf team in head-to-head action at the Meigs Golf Course on Thursday, ...
Blue Angels sweep Meigs
CENTENARY, Ohio — A perfect 10th.The Gallia Academy volleyball team improved to 10-0 on the season with a straight games victory over Meigs, in ...
Lady Marauders roll past Marietta
POMEROY, Ohio — A fitting send-off for the reigning league champions.The Meigs girls golf team — which captured the inaugural Tri-Valley C...
BHCC surgical tech students graduate
RIO GRANDE — The Buckeye Hills Career Center held the graduation for the certificate program in the school of Surgical Technology for 2018 on Se...
Rio hosts annual ‘Employee and Family Picnic’
RIO GRANDE — The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College faculty and staff spend long hours to providing students with high qu...
Elks donate to UMC food pantry
The food pantry at Grace United Methodist Church began in 2002 when the church youth pushed grocery carts up and down a section of Second Avenue askin...
Recognizing Suicide Prevention Month
Gallia Commissioners and the Gallia Prosecutor’s Office recognized September as Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. From left to right are Galli...
Gordon honored by Chautauqua Committee
The local Ohio Chautauqua committee recently honored Robert D. Gordon for his years of service in bringing Ohio Chautauqua to Gallipolis. Pictured lef...
Medal recipient, Gallia resident tour ship
NORFOLK, Va. — Hershel “Woody” Williams, the last surviving Medal of Honor recipient of the battle of Iwo Jima in World War II, Ron ...
Teen testimony: A Message to Coffee Mugs
As an avid coffee drinker, I know what makes a good cup of coffee. It all begins with a good brand of coffee grounds. I prefer McDonald’s. Then,...
Search the Scriptures: Where are you walking?
One of the metaphors used throughout the Bible, and one perhaps not fully appreciated by our modern sensibilities is that of “walking.”Con...
Meigs Health Matters: Head lice symptoms and treatments
“You have head lice.” This is one of the most dreaded statements a parent can hear from a health department or school nurse. Infestation w...
No news is okay, for a little while
Through reasons that were beyond our control, we were without telephone or Internet service for a few days last week. It began late on a Friday aftern...
September Veterans of the Month
Our veterans of the month are Jimmy Carter, United States Navy, and Calvin Minnis, United States Army.These civilians, Jimmy Carter and Calvin Minnis,...
Helping you age better: National Falls Prevention Awareness Day
September 22nd is National Falls Prevention Awareness Day. Did you know that every 11 seconds, an older adult is seen in an emergency department for a...