Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- 1 death, 180 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- “Gallipolis in Bloom” planting day - 1:57 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- Gallipolis City Board of Ed. recognizes FFA students - 10:45 am
- OVB announces 2022 4-H Scholars - 4:46 pm
- South Gallia graduates 32 - 4:45 pm
- Third arrest made in murder case - 4:31 pm
- Agriculture returns to Rio - 9:13 am
- Gallia Academy gradates 127 - 12:58 pm updated: 8:05 am.
- PVH installs medication disposal bin - 12:57 pm
- ‘In Flanders Fields’ - 4:39 pm
- Clarence E. Hayman - 10:23 am
- Emancipation scholarship recipients announced - 4:25 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- Our House Tavern Museum celebrates anniversary - 4:07 pm
- Gallia Commissioners discuss sewer project, issue proclamations, resolutions - 4:06 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Plans announced for River Recreation Festival - 11:33 am
- Mock Trial participants recognized at Gallia BOE meeting - 11:21 am
- Gallia Academy High School announces scholarship winners - 4:37 pm updated: 4:38 pm.
- Plans announced for Gallia Memorial Day parade, ceremony - 2:55 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
‘In Flanders Fields’
OHIO VALLEY — As Memorial Day approaches, paper poppies begin appearing across the United States. Veterans set up at various sites the week befo...
Clarence E. Hayman
POMEROY — Clarence E. Hayman, 88, of Pomeroy, passed away, at 8:50 p.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at his residence.Born September 25, 1933, in L...
Emancipation scholarship recipients announced
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Emancipation Proclamation Scholarship Committee has announced the recipients of the 2022 scholarships.Each of the...
Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman
POINT PLEASANT — A candlelight vigil for Grace Allison Smith, who has been missing since Feb. 23, will be held Thursday, 8 p.m., on the steps of...
Our House Tavern Museum celebrates anniversary
GALLIPOLIS — Our House Tavern Museum will be celebrating their 203rd Anniversary on Saturday, May 28, with a full schedule planned from 2-4 p.m....
Gallia Commissioners discuss sewer project, issue proclamations, resolutions
GALLIA COUNTY — The Gallia County Board of Commissioners met Thursday, May 5. The meeting was called to order by President Harold G. Montgomery....
Woodson advances to D-2 state meet
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — They didn’t get much in … just the most important parts.Both the boys and girls divisions of the 2022 Division I...
Lady Falcons flying high
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Nothing could rain on these girls’ parade.On a rainy Thursday afternoon, the Wahama softball team defeated the P...
Lady Falcons win it all … again
Just as sweet the second time around. The Wahama softball team captured the program’s second straight WVSSAC Class A championship on Friday afte...
D-3 regional meet begins
LONDONDERRY, Ohio — The third time was a charm … literally a charm.Southern senior Kayla Evans need three chances to clear the 5 feet, 2 i...
Meigs-Fairland moved to noon Friday
Due to the current and impending inclement weather within the area, the Division III district baseball championship game between Meigs and Fairland at...
Taylor receives OVB promotion
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotion of Amanda Taylor.Taylor has been a key member of the OVB Information Techno...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Buckeye Hills Honor Roll
RIO GRANDE — The Buckeye Hills Career Center has announced the students appearing on the honor roll for the third nine weeks grading period that...
RVHS Honor Roll released
BIDWELL — River Valley High School has announced honor roll students for the second quarter of the 2021-22 school year as follows:Freshmen honor...
God’s Kids Korner: Faith is the key
Do any of you have your own keys? You may have a key to your piggy bank or even a house key. Some of us use keys every day, but today we are going to ...
Meigs Health Matters… Third-hand smoke: What it is and how to protect your family
Most of us have probably heard about ‘First-Hand’ and ‘Second-Hand’ smoke, as well as the associated health risks. Some of the...
Search the Scriptures: The feast commanded
Under the Law of Moses, in addition to the weekly observance of the Sabbath Day, there were seven annual celebrations which God gave to the people of ...
God’s Kids Korner: Trinity Sunday
This Sunday, May 22, we celebrate something called the Trinity. It’s another special day in the life of the church that we remember. It’s ...
Christ defangs the bite of prejudice
The major biting shortcoming of co-existence among the people of varying ethnic, racial, social, and religious characteristics has to do with prejudic...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...