Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- OVB announces 2022 4-H Scholars - 4:46 pm
- South Gallia graduates 32 - 4:45 pm
- Third arrest made in murder case - 4:31 pm
- Agriculture returns to Rio - 9:13 am
- Gallia Academy gradates 127 - 12:58 pm
- PVH installs medication disposal bin - 12:57 pm
- ‘In Flanders Fields’ - 4:39 pm
- Clarence E. Hayman - 10:23 am
- Emancipation scholarship recipients announced - 4:25 pm
- Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman - 4:21 pm
- Our House Tavern Museum celebrates anniversary - 4:07 pm
- Gallia Commissioners discuss sewer project, issue proclamations, resolutions - 4:06 pm
- 123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Plans announced for River Recreation Festival - 11:33 am
- Mock Trial participants recognized at Gallia BOE meeting - 11:21 am
- Gallia Academy High School announces scholarship winners - 4:37 pm updated: 4:38 pm.
- Plans announced for Gallia Memorial Day parade, ceremony - 2:55 pm
- Free suicide awareness, prevention training available - 2:15 pm
- ‘Traveling Wall’ to be in Gallipolis - 8:35 am
- “Celebrate Recovery” event - 3:36 pm
- Dinner cruise tickets now on sale - 11:48 am
- MCIYS obtains non-profit status - 4:07 pm
- 1 death, 74 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Commissioners approve projects, financial items - 10:47 am
- Grand Jury returns 13 indictments - 10:37 am
Candlelight vigil to be held for missing woman
POINT PLEASANT — A candlelight vigil for Grace Allison Smith, who has been missing since Feb. 23, will be held Thursday, 8 p.m., on the steps of...
Our House Tavern Museum celebrates anniversary
GALLIPOLIS — Our House Tavern Museum will be celebrating their 203rd Anniversary on Saturday, May 28, with a full schedule planned from 2-4 p.m....
Gallia Commissioners discuss sewer project, issue proclamations, resolutions
GALLIA COUNTY — The Gallia County Board of Commissioners met Thursday, May 5. The meeting was called to order by President Harold G. Montgomery....
123 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
Editor’s note: Due to recent changes in the frequency of data reported by the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Valley Publishing’s COVID Up...
Plans announced for River Recreation Festival
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Chamber of Commerce recently announced plans for the River Recreation Festival and has received a donation to cover ...
Mock Trial participants recognized at Gallia BOE meeting
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis City School District Board of Education met for the March meeting at Gallia Academy Middle School Library.The meetin...
Meigs-Fairland moved to noon Friday
Due to the current and impending inclement weather within the area, the Division III district baseball championship game between Meigs and Fairland at...
Wahama wins 2, back in final
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. — One win away from defending their title.The Wahama softball team booked their place in the Class A Championship with a...
Point champs discuss titles
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The Black Knights and Lady Knights respectively placed second and third last week at the 2022 WVSSAC Class AA track and fiel...
Wahama wins Region IV crown
MAN, W.Va. — Punching your ticket to state is good, but getting a bit of revenge while doing it is even better.The Wahama baseball team will be ...
Meigs marches past Pirates, 10-2
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — The Pirates might have considered it a wild ride, but the Marauders found this journey to be some rather smooth sailing.The ...
Familiar faces await Wahama
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Until last year, it took forever for the Lady Falcons to reach the state tournament.The defending champs didn’t ...
Taylor receives OVB promotion
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotion of Amanda Taylor.Taylor has been a key member of the OVB Information Techno...
OVB announces Main Office promotions
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotions of Jody Stapleton, Kristina Nickels and Lori Gagliardi. According to a new...
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
The old adage says numbers never lie.According to plenty of internet comments over the past two years, they lied to you nearly daily.If you’re a...
Buckeye Hills Honor Roll
RIO GRANDE — The Buckeye Hills Career Center has announced the students appearing on the honor roll for the third nine weeks grading period that...
RVHS Honor Roll released
BIDWELL — River Valley High School has announced honor roll students for the second quarter of the 2021-22 school year as follows:Freshmen honor...
Meigs Health Matters… Third-hand smoke: What it is and how to protect your family
Most of us have probably heard about ‘First-Hand’ and ‘Second-Hand’ smoke, as well as the associated health risks. Some of the...
Search the Scriptures: The feast commanded
Under the Law of Moses, in addition to the weekly observance of the Sabbath Day, there were seven annual celebrations which God gave to the people of ...
God’s Kids Korner: Trinity Sunday
This Sunday, May 22, we celebrate something called the Trinity. It’s another special day in the life of the church that we remember. It’s ...
Christ defangs the bite of prejudice
The major biting shortcoming of co-existence among the people of varying ethnic, racial, social, and religious characteristics has to do with prejudic...
Search the Scriptures: A celebration of salvation
When God gave the Law to Israel, speaking from the mountain, proclaiming those edicts which would become known as the Ten Commandments, the book of Ex...
Patiently wait on God
One of the Psalmist wrote that he cried to God for deliverance from “innumerable evils.”Then, within the context of his experiences, he no...