Sternwheel Regatta set
Story time at Bossard
Party in the Park
The Ariel Theatre showcased with local musician’s award
The role of bee inspectors
- COVID on the rise as mask guidance changes - 4:58 pm
- Sternwheel Regatta set - 3:23 pm
- View Story - 3:22 pm
- Nine vying for ‘Miss Gallia County’ - 9:04 am
- Reported farm machinery theft investigation leads to arrest, recovery of property - 5:59 pm
- Story time at Bossard - 5:24 pm
- Party in the Park - 4:09 pm
- CDC reverses course on indoor masks in some parts of US - 3:15 pm
- Local organizations awarded ‘arts grants’ - 4:40 pm
- WWII soldier’s medals displayed - 4:38 pm
- Davis sentenced to seven years in prison - 2:53 pm
- Ohio health officials won’t mandate mask-wearing in schools - 2:17 pm
- Gallipolis announces annual community yard sale - 2:16 pm
- New signage for New River Gorge National Park and Preserve - 1:07 pm
- One killed in two vehicle crash - 9:08 am updated: 12:53 pm.
- Anthony ‘Red’ Davis taken into custody in Gallia County - 8:02 am
- Meigs Board approves agenda items - 3:37 pm
- The Ariel Theatre showcased with local musician’s award - 1:24 pm
- “Wellness Wednesday” live stream discusses working and physical activity - 12:38 pm
- OVBC announces cash dividend - 12:32 pm
- FAO provides post-secondary scholarships for over 260 students across Appalachian Ohio - 12:18 pm
- The role of bee inspectors - 12:15 pm
- Elks award scholarships - 9:36 am
- Middleport Council discusses projects - 2:29 pm
- Chamber hosts lunch and learn series - 2:21 pm
WWII soldier’s medals displayed
CHESTER — The military medals and uniform belonging to World War II soldier Army PFC James Wilmer White are now on display at the Chester Courth...
Davis sentenced to seven years in prison
POMEROY — A Salem Center man who had reportedly been on the run from law enforcement for the past several weeks will be spending the next seven ...
Ohio health officials won’t mandate mask-wearing in schools
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio doesn’t plan to mandate masks in schools this fall, but health officials strongly recommend students and staff ...
Gallipolis announces annual community yard sale
GALLIPOLIS — The City of Gallipolis will hold its annual Community Yard Sale Saturday, Aug. 21 in the Gallipolis City Park from 8:30 a.m. until ...
New signage for New River Gorge National Park and Preserve
MEADOW BRIDGE, W.Va. — Gov. Jim Justice joined U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito, Congresswoman Carol Miller, and several other officials for an...
One killed in two vehicle crash
REEDSVILLE — A two vehicle crash on State Route 7 between Chester and Tuppers Plains n Sunday evening resulted in the death of a Pomeroy man and...
Post 39 holds off Lancaster, 8-7
LANCASTER, Ohio — Some stressful moments, but the streak continues.The Post 39 baseball team won its fifth game in a row on Tuesday at Beavers F...
Herd picked to win C-USA East Division
DALLAS, Texas — A rematch in the making?If a preseason media poll is any indication, the Marshall football team will have its chance for revenge...
Meigs Post 39 pummels Glouster, 11-1
LANCASTER, Ohio — The start to the postseason couldn’t have gone much better.The Meigs Post 39 American Legion baseball team opened the di...
OVP Prep Football Schedules
Gallia Academy Blue DevilsAug. 20vs. Meigs7 p.m.Aug. 27at Athens7 p.m.Sept. 3at Point Pleasant7 p.m.Sept. 10vs. Chesapeake7 p.m.Sept. 17vs. Portsmouth...
Post 39 blanks Glouster, 6-0
GLOUSTER, Ohio — A four-pitcher gem, and a fourth straight win.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team won its fourth consecutive game on Thursday in At...
Solich retires, Tim Albin named Bobcats head coach
ATHENS, Ohio — A new era for Ohio football.Ohio University head football coach Frank Solich announced today that he is stepping down from his po...
Browning earns Black Belt
The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently acknowledged a new Black Belt in the association’s 204th Promot...
RACO plans upcoming events
RACINE — The Racine Area Community Organization held their monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 22, at the Kathryn Hart community room. Tonja Hunter...
Supporting local military personnel
Beau Sang’s State Farm Insurance recently held a competition among staff with the winner receiving a $500 donation to the charity of their choic...
PVH ‘Employees of the Month’ announced
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) has announced the Customer Service Employees of the Month as Amanda Lewis from the labora...
Middleport Yard of the Week
MIDDLEPORT — Each week throughout the summer property owners in the village of Middleport are recognized for the care they take of their yards.W...
Spiritual stamina is a relevant concern
From a great verse of Scripture located at Jeremiah 12:5, God asked Jeremiah a pointed question, “If you have run with the footmen, and they hav...
Search the Scriptures: Of Pharisees and the law
Jesus was frequently critical of the Pharisees, and it was with members of the Pharisaical party that He seemingly had the most interpersonal clashes....
Assistance with exploring Medicare resources
Did you know the Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) has someone on staff who can help answer any questions you might have about Medicare?Our Agenc...
Reader shares thoughts on COVID-19 vaccine
Dear Editor,To the (unvaccinated) people of Gallia County, workers, travelers and patients who come to Gallia County:Please GET YOUR COVID-19 VACCINE!...
Meigs Health Matters… Swimming pool safety
The number of private swimming pools in the U.S. has skyrocketed since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. What better way to spend time during a ...
His amazing grace
Ever wonder why some endeavors, no matter how straight a path you walk, seem doomed to failure? You’ve done and said the right things, gone abou...