The ‘Ambassadors’… Chamber awards scholarships
Gallia, Mason announce new COVID-19 cases… Data and demographics updated on regional cases
Raised around Rio
Raising awareness, funds
Suspect arrested in Gallia, Meigs theft cases
- Mason County reports new COVID case - 5:26 pm
- Shooting investigation underway in Raccoon Twp. - 5:05 pm
- Smith promoted to VP, Senior Lender - 3:35 pm
- Funding available to expand community WiFi - 1:27 pm
- Battle Days festival canceled - 10:44 am
- Point fireworks set for Saturday night - 10:44 am
- Are you drinking enough water? - 12:13 am
- Fort Randolph open this weekend - 4:40 pm
- Village of Rio Grande updates on use of levy funds - 3:22 pm
- OVB announces plan to re-open bank lobbies - 12:40 am
- Gallia, Mason each report new COVID-19 case - 6:41 pm
- Concert season postponed - 6:10 pm
- Governor provides COVID-19 update - 5:35 pm
- Flatrock Revival to perform at Mayor’s Night - 5:01 pm
- At a county fair amid COVID-19, distancing by keeping ‘one cow apart’ - 3:24 pm
- The return of ‘Summer’… FAC concert series returns July 2-3 - 11:59 pm
- Independence Day weekend… Celebrations in the Ohio Valley - 11:57 pm
- Marshall unveils return-to-campus comprehensive guide - 11:48 pm
- MU Board of Governors approves reduced 2020-21 budget - 11:46 pm
- New Haven Pool to open July 1 - 11:36 pm
- Gallia, Meigs report new COVID cases - 5:05 pm updated: 5:28 pm.
- Carrying on the celebrations - 4:09 pm updated: 4:13 pm.
- Ohio University shares new updates for Fall 2020 - 1:15 pm
- Hopewell receives emergency grant to bolster the healthcare safety net in Southeast Ohio - 12:29 pm
- As outbreak booms, younger Ohioans comprise most COVID-19 cases - 12:17 am
OVB announces plan to re-open bank lobbies
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio—Tom Wiseman, chairman and CEO of Ohio Valley Bank, announced OVB’s staged process to re-open bank lobbies.For the first p...
Gallia, Mason each report new COVID-19 case
OHIO VALLEY — Gallia and Mason counties each reported a new case of COVID-19 on Monday.On Monday, the West Virginia Department of Health and Hum...
Concert season postponed
GALLIPOLIS — The COVID-19 outbreak has disrupted the concert schedule for the Ohio Valley Symphony at the Ariel Opera House.A press release from...
Governor provides COVID-19 update
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio Governor Mike DeWine provided several COVID-19 related updates on Monday afternoon during a news conference, including upd...
Flatrock Revival to perform at Mayor’s Night
POINT PLEASANT — Flatrock Revival will be performing on Friday, July 3 at Point Pleasant Riverfront Park for Mayor’s Night Out.Mayor’...
At a county fair amid COVID-19, distancing by keeping ‘one cow apart’
PICKAWAY COUNTY — A statue of a large steer greets visitors to the Pickaway County Fairgrounds, and this year, signs with cows on them could be ...
Point coaches sweep NWCA state honors
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — They were dominant — and historic — at the state tournament in late February, but it still wasn’t as t...
Meigs Golf Course Junior League begins
POMEROY, Ohio — The first round of the inaugural Meigs Golf Course Junior League kicked off Thursday with 30 players participating in the openin...
MAC launches Esports Collegiate conference
ATHENS, Ohio — The 12 members of the Mid-American Conference (MAC), including Ohio University, will participate in the Esports Collegiate Confer...
OHSBCA Academic All-Ohio team released
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Gallia Academy High School had two players named to the Southeast District portion of the 2020 Ohio High School Baseball Coache...
Harrison signs with Marshall track
South Gallia senior Olivia Harrison, seated center, will be continuing her track and field career after signing an Institutional Letter of Agreement w...
College news and notes
Cedarville announces Dean’s Honor ListCEDARVILLE — Cedarville University recently released the spring 2020 Dean’s Honor List. This r...
Fredericks celebrate 50th anniversary
Jerry and Diana Frederick will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary on June 27, 2020.In 1970, Rev Okie Cart married Jerry and Diana at Hobson Church,...
Emblem Club Scholar awarded
The Gallipolis Emblem Club #199 recently announced the recipient of the 2020 local Emblem Club Scholarship.Bo Saxon received a $500 college scholarshi...
Beau Sang – State Farm opens in Gallipolis
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Beau Sang - State Farm recently held an open house attended by staff, family, friends and well wishers. The open house includ...
RVHS 2019-20 ‘year honor roll’
River Valley High School reports its yearly honor roll for 2019-20 as follows:Freshman - Hannah Allison, Carmin Barcus, Owen Barrett, Karina Barry, Sy...
RVHS second semester honor roll
River Valley High School reports the second semester honor roll as follows:Freshman - Hannah Allison, Carmin Barcus, Owen Barrett, Karina Barry, Sydne...
Search the Scriptures: The hearing ear and seeing eye
“The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the LORD has made them both (Proverbs 20:12; ESV).”The proverb is a simple axiom, but one well worth ...
Cross Words: Don’t starve yourself
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Without it, you’re likely to lack energy. I don’t know about you, but if I negle...
God’s Kids Korner: Matthew 10:40-42 from ‘The Message Bible’
“We are intimately linked in this harvest work. (All Christians are in this together and called to witness for God.) Anyone who accepts what you...
Stomach bugs and food poisoning
The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising, and people are starting to go out and get together (in groups less than 10, of course) to enjoy the w...
Happy Friday, Charlene
I received a request to run a birthday “card shower” in our papers for Charlene Hoeflich, the former general manager of The Daily Sentinel...
Ten commandments of evil
I — Evil has other gods before them.II — Evil honors and reverences statues and carved figures.III — Evil dishonors God’s name...