Discover Appalachia Travel Expo
Living History Nights
David Trinko: Why the newspaper keeps reporting numbers
John Grindrod: Some thoughts on clutter, both at work and at home
- Gallia Board of Ed. supports Teacher Appreciation Day, approves hires - 3:56 pm
- Appalachian Plan signed into law - 11:00 am
- WV News buys OVP publications - 9:51 am
- View Story - 3:40 pm
- Independence Day celebrations in the Ohio Valley - 3:34 pm
- Communities financing from Ohio EPA to improve water infrastructure - 2:18 pm
- Gallia BOE approve hirings for 2022-2023 school year - 2:27 pm
- Meigs County Farmers Market is “branching out” - 11:44 pm
- 3 deaths, 203 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 2:00 pm
- Latest jobless stats for Gallia, Meigs - 8:54 am
- Historic courthouse hosts mock trial - 10:45 pm
- Email scam alert - 3:37 pm
- Gallia County Commission clerk, assistant clerk resign - 3:27 pm
- Next Level to headline Mayor’s Night Out - 4:50 pm
- Gallipolis City Board of Ed. holds special meeting - 3:47 pm
- Ohio church hosts grief support group - 1:50 pm
- Women’s cancer screenings in Gallia County - 10:50 am
- Advocating for the Promise - 9:18 pm
- PACT Act passes the Senate, heads to Congress for final approval - 3:28 pm
- Coplin Health Systems launches food FARMACY program - 12:22 pm
- Community Action Agency announces Home Energy Assistance Summer Crisis Program - 12:16 pm
- 151 new COVID cases reported… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:49 pm
- The history of Juneteenth - 3:47 pm
- Lost power? Replacement benefits available for SNAP food spoilage - 8:39 am
- Cancer survivor assists current patients - 4:18 pm
Latest jobless stats for Gallia, Meigs
OHIO VALLEY — Meigs and Gallia counties are currently ranked 83rd and 60th out of 88 counties, respectively, when it comes to unemployment rates...
Historic courthouse hosts mock trial
CHESTER — Students from Gallipolis and Ashland, Ky., recently participated in a mock trial at the Old Meigs County Courthouse/Chester Courthouse...
Email scam alert
OHIO VALLEY — Ohio Valley Bank advises customers to be mindful of an email scam that has become more prevalent.The email in question is claiming...
Gallia County Commission clerk, assistant clerk resign
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Board of Commissioners met on June 9 for the purpose of approving the minutes of the previous meeting and current...
Gallipolis City Board of Ed. holds special meeting
GALLIPOLIS — A special meeting was held by the Gallipolis City School District Board of Education last month at the central office with Presiden...
Mason County racks up titles
It was probably the closest thing to a normal school year — at least sports-wise — that anyone at the high school level has been part of s...
Rio names Pilkington new Director of Rugby
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — After successfully guiding the University of Rio Grande’s first-year rugby team through a tumultuous Spring period, Adr...
Class AA baseball team released
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Just a scant few hours after winning its second straight Class AA state baseball championship, Logan was back at its basebal...
Minimal changes within OVP area
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Jeffersons were all about moving on up.A couple of Meigs County teams might enjoy the thought of moving on down.The volleyb...
Barnitz named Class A captain
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Wahama’s run to a Class A state title inside Appalachian Power Park was derailed by Charleston Catholic and first-year...
Green Elementary Honor Roll announced
GALLIPOLIS — Green Elementary recently announced it’s honor roll for the 2021/22 school year:1st Grade, All A’s: Katalia Bartrum, Et...
Writers Guild encourages ‘something different’
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant Writers Guild was happy to welcome back Paula Gregory and Woody Moore who have not been at the meetin...
Beta Alpha Chapter installs new officers, initiates new members
GALLIPOLIS — The Beta Alpha Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gamma met at Grace United Methodist Church on May 13.Members present were Dian Fleming, J...
PPWG puts pets on their agenda
POINT PLEASANT — When it comes to pets, it can mostly be said that nothing is exempt from being one. From boa constrictors and black fuzzy spide...
Taylor receives OVB promotion
GALLIPOLIS — Ohio Valley Bank (OVB) recently announced the promotion of Amanda Taylor.Taylor has been a key member of the OVB Information Techno...
Mosquito control, awareness
It’s summertime once again, and along with all of the ice-cream and swimming and baseball games comes everyone’s least favorite insect: Mo...
Search the Scriptures: A cup of water for the devil
How frequently human wisdom differs from the wisdom God teaches. Yet, so pervasive is the received wisdom of the world that frequently even the people...
God’s Kids Korner: Excuses, excuses, excuses
Have you ever made an excuse for something like why you were late for an appointment, why you didn’t have your homework, or why something wasn...
Stealthy, healthy nutrition for kids
In a perfect world, we would all have enough time in the kitchen to prepare healthy, tasty, and picture-perfect meals for our families. Additionally, ...
Search the Scriptures: The sheep’s prayer
Most of us are familiar with the 23rd Psalm, and its comforting opening verse, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” Many are likew...
The strawberry story
Terry and I recently ate a meal at McClure’s in Pomeroy. As a treat, she ordered for herself a strawberry shake.After some delicious slurps, she...