Meigs Heritage Festival planned
Pope named Miss Gallia County
Noah and the Ark
Big Bend Blues Bash returns Aug. 6 – 7
The last full measure
- Today at the Gallia Jr. Fair - 11:59 pm
- Christian to headline at FAC tonight - 6:16 pm
- Reported lifeguard shortage affects pool access - 4:20 pm
- Thompson joins PVH team - 3:09 pm
- ‘From sea to shining sea’ via canoe - 2:06 pm
- Tax-free shopping this weekend on ‘back to school’ items - 1:41 pm
- Meigs Heritage Festival planned - 1:21 pm
- Pope named Miss Gallia County - 12:19 pm
- Badran joins PVH team - 5:23 pm
- Gallipolis City Board of Ed. approves personnel - 3:15 pm
- Grants to support expansion of mobile response and stabilization services - 1:39 pm
- New water, wastewater infrastructure grant program launched - 1:39 pm
- New COVID cases reported in Gallia, Mason - 6:14 pm updated: 6:15 pm.
- Gallia Commissioners approve contracts - 4:55 pm
- Victim in reported ‘shooting incident’ dies - 4:29 pm updated: 7:24 pm.
- Traffic stop leads to seizure of suspected drugs - 3:45 pm
- Ohio University to welcome alumni back to campus for Homecoming 2021 - 1:03 pm
- Noah and the Ark - 4:08 pm
- Gallia fair opens Monday - 3:13 pm
- Big Bend Blues Bash returns Aug. 6 – 7 - 2:41 pm
- Gallia ‘shooting incident’ under investigation - 2:21 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- Plans underway for Rutland community garden - 1:54 pm
- Ohio Valley History… The first ‘Mother of all Floods’ - 12:56 pm
- ‘Virtual Career Fair’ planned for job seekers, businesses - 10:00 am updated: 1:03 pm.
- The last full measure - 9:57 am
Gallipolis City Board of Ed. approves personnel
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis City Schools Board of Education met last month to approve agenda items, including approving personnel and contracts....
Grants to support expansion of mobile response and stabilization services
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS), in partnership with Ohio Governor Mike DeWine’s C...
New water, wastewater infrastructure grant program launched
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio Governor Mike DeWine recently announced the launch of a new grant program that will invest hundreds of millions of dollars...
New COVID cases reported in Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Area health departments are reporting new cases of COVID-19 in the area.Late last week, the Gallia County Health Department report...
Gallia Commissioners approve contracts
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County Board of Commissioners recently approved minutes from the July 15 meeting, which included voting on contracts.Present...
Victim in reported ‘shooting incident’ dies
GALLIPOLIS — A male victim who was reportedly injured in a “shooting incident” on Friday, has died, according to Gallia Sheriff Matt...
Lancaster pulls away from Post 39, 14-4
LANCASTER, Ohio — The streak is over, but the series is still alive.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team had its five-game winning streak come to an ...
Post 39 holds off Lancaster, 8-7
LANCASTER, Ohio — Some stressful moments, but the streak continues.The Post 39 baseball team won its fifth game in a row on Tuesday at Beavers F...
Herd picked to win C-USA East Division
DALLAS, Texas — A rematch in the making?If a preseason media poll is any indication, the Marshall football team will have its chance for revenge...
Meigs Post 39 pummels Glouster, 11-1
LANCASTER, Ohio — The start to the postseason couldn’t have gone much better.The Meigs Post 39 American Legion baseball team opened the di...
OVP Prep Football Schedules
Gallia Academy Blue DevilsAug. 20vs. Meigs7 p.m.Aug. 27at Athens7 p.m.Sept. 3at Point Pleasant7 p.m.Sept. 10vs. Chesapeake7 p.m.Sept. 17vs. Portsmouth...
Post 39 blanks Glouster, 6-0
GLOUSTER, Ohio — A four-pitcher gem, and a fourth straight win.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team won its fourth consecutive game on Thursday in At...
National Junior Shorthorn Show winners
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Junior Shorthorn enthusiasts gathering from 28 states recently competed in the 2021 National Junior Shorthorn Show & Youth...
Wahama Alumni award scholarships
Although the Wahama Alumni banquet had to be canceled this year, the alumni awarded $5,400 in scholarships to graduating seniors. These scholarships w...
Competing at the national level
A local student from Southwestern Elementary recently walked away with a national championship and the Southwestern club placed eighth in the National...
Browning earns Black Belt
The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently acknowledged a new Black Belt in the association’s 204th Promot...
RACO plans upcoming events
RACINE — The Racine Area Community Organization held their monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 22, at the Kathryn Hart community room. Tonja Hunter...
God’s Kids Korner: Understanding The Lord’s Prayer
Most of you have heard or even know the Lord’s Prayer. It is in the Bible in two different places: Luke 11:1-4 and Matthew 6: 9-15. Jesus was a ...
Cross Words: Trust God more than yourself
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight y...
Meigs Health Matters… Preventing teen pregnancy
Did you know that 1-in-4 girls will be pregnant at least one time before the age of 20? During 2016, reports show that, combined, there were over 900,...
Cross Words: Grace-empowered rest
Last week, I wrote about grace-empowered work. But we also need to understand grace-empowered rest.Most of us realize our need for help when it comes ...
God’s Kids Korner: Celebrate God!
One of my favorite Bible verses is from Philippians, Chapter 4, Verse 4. This is a very well-known passage that says, “Rejoice in the Lord alway...
Spiritual stamina is a relevant concern
From a great verse of Scripture located at Jeremiah 12:5, God asked Jeremiah a pointed question, “If you have run with the footmen, and they hav...