Snow event hits region
Meeting the new neighbors
Mock trial returns to Gallia Academy
It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- County Commissioners approve agenda items - 3:39 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- ODNR reports on muzzleloader season - 4:27 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- Ohio Valley History… The Mother-of-All-Floods - 4:26 pm
- Winter, round 2? - 4:18 pm
- 4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Helping older neighbors, loved ones, prepare for severe weather - 3:50 pm
- DRP raises funds, announces winner - 3:39 pm
- Nucor arrives in Mason Co. - 5:43 pm
- 115 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:36 pm
- Meeting the new neighbors - 4:35 pm
- Mock trial returns to Gallia Academy - 3:33 pm
- PVH distributing at home COVID-19 test kits - 3:26 pm
- Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses - 2:52 pm
- It’s official. Finally. $2.7 billion ‘state-of-the-art’ sheet mill planned - 6:06 pm
- 122 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Ohio Expands COVID-19 testing locations - 3:22 pm
- Cervical Cancer Awareness Month - 3:15 pm
- WVa tax incentive for manufacturing sent to governor - 5:43 pm
- 3 deaths, 96 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 5:26 pm
Winter, round 2?
OHIO VALLEY— With the National Weather Service (NWS) out of Charleston, W.Va. issuing a “complicated” winter storm watch, crews are ...
4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were four additional deaths associated with COVID-19, as well as 196 new COVID-19 cases, rep...
Helping older neighbors, loved ones, prepare for severe weather
COLUMBUS — The Ohio Department of Aging asked Ohioans to help older neighbors and loved ones prepare for severe weather.According to a news rele...
DRP raises funds, announces winner
GALLIPOLIS — The Downtown Revitalization Project (DRP) recently announced Michelle (Carolyn) Woodruff as the winner of one of the organization...
Nucor arrives in Mason Co.
POINT PLEASANT — On Wednesday, representatives with Nucor Corporation, which is planning a state-of-the-art (steel) sheet mill in Apple Grove es...
115 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were 115 new COVID-19 cases reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Thursday.In Galli...
Southern falls to Red Devilettes, 58-45
RACINE, Ohio — The Southern girls basketball team fell at home 58-45 Saturday afternoon to the Ravenswood Lady Devils.The Lady Tornadoes (3-12) ...
Rebels roll past Belpre, 59-48
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — After trying to get in the door for a little over three years, senior Brayden Hammond wasted no time breaking into the club....
Kole Carter named new GAHS football coach
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Kole Carter was unanimously approved to be the next head varsity football coach at Gallia Academy High School on Thursday nig...
RedStorm men roll past Brescia
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The eight previous meetings between the University of Rio Grande and Brescia University had been decided by just 31 points co...
Eastern rolls past Belpre, 44-37
BELPRE, Ohio — One push opened up the door.The Eastern girls basketball team used a 12-2 second quarter surge to break an 8-all first quarter ti...
Veterans remembered with wreath ceremony
CLAY TOWNSHIP — The inaugural Wreaths Across America event at Providence Cemetery brought the community together to honor veterans.Each year, De...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild celebrates the season
With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas before us, members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild found time to squeeze eating in while meeting on two ...
GAMS Honor Roll released
Gallia Academy Middle School recently released its honor roll for the first nine weeks as follows:Sixth GradePaiten Arnold, Nick Barnes, Adriana Bartk...
Students donate to animal shelters
First graders at Meigs Primary School recently collected items for dogs at the Meigs County Animal Shelter. Items were also collected for cats but tho...
EHS Class of 1959 reunion held
The Eastern High School Class of 1959 recently held its 62nd reunion at the party room of Bob and Renn Valer in Coolville.There were 39 members of the...
God’s opinion matters most
Opinions gauge what we think. It is reflected in politics. It is reflected in manufacturing. So is TV and radio. People seem gratified to have opportu...
God’s Kids Korner: Just what the doctor ordered
We often hear someone say, “That was just what the doctor ordered.” What do they mean? They usually mean that something happened which was...
Curl up with a good book
With the first major snowfall of the winter months behind us, we are reminded not only of the beauty of a wondrous snowfall but also the frigid temper...
Meigs Health Matters… National Blood Donor Month
January is National Blood Donor Month. It is a time to commend the lifesaving impact of blood and platelet donors. Blood donation is a voluntary proce...
Looking back, looking forward
Several times last weekend we heard people discussing everything they hated about 2021 and what hopeful things they are anticipating about 2022.It app...
Come the new year, thoughts of the end
Thirty years ago, I turned 40 and handled it without a scintilla of trepidation. There was a big surprise party for me, organized by my wife at the ti...