A new chapter… Repurposing for further development
Gallia Auditor appointed
Snow event hits region
Meeting the new neighbors
Mock trial returns to Gallia Academy
- 3rd WVa corrections officer dies of COVID-19 - 4:00 pm
- Gallia Board of DD welcomes new member - 3:04 pm
- A new chapter… Repurposing for further development - 2:42 pm
- National Plan for Vacation Day set for Jan. 25 - 4:23 pm
- Promoting local tourism… Meigs Guide being compiled - 4:16 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- 1 death, 253 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Library trustee honored for years of service - 4:20 pm
- City Schools BOE approves nominations, meeting schedule - 4:01 pm
- 1 death, 201 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Gallia Auditor appointed - 5:09 pm
- 138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:08 pm
- JVSD Board meets, organizes for new year - 3:24 pm
- Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear? - 3:08 pm
- County Commissioners make Board appointments - 12:32 pm
- 5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 4:23 pm
- County Commissioners approve agenda items - 3:39 pm
- ODOT: Work begins to ‘proactively address landslide’ on 218 - 3:24 pm
- Snow event hits region - 5:49 pm
- ODNR reports on muzzleloader season - 4:27 pm
- 509 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
- Patrol investigating fatal crash in Pomeroy - 3:45 pm
- Gov. Justice resumes briefings, says COVID is ‘tough stuff’ - 3:10 pm
- Ohio Valley History… The Mother-of-All-Floods - 4:26 pm
- Winter, round 2? - 4:18 pm
- 4 deaths, 196 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason - 3:54 pm
Gallia Auditor appointed
GALLIPOLIS — The Republican Central Committee held a special meeting Tuesday night in order to appoint a Gallia County Auditor to finish the ter...
138 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were 138 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Publishing area on Wednesday.In Gal...
JVSD Board meets, organizes for new year
RIO GRANDE — The Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District (JVSD) recently held the 2022 organizational meeting, followed by the re...
Healthy Words to Live By… How often do patients need a pap smear?
A pap smear is used to screen women for cervical cancer. Years ago, women had a Pap smear at each annual visit, but today Pap smears have improved and...
County Commissioners make Board appointments
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Commission has appointed and designated representatives for boards across Gallia County for 2022.The following pe...
5 deaths, 66 new COVID cases… Latest stats for Meigs, Gallia, Mason
OHIO VALLEY — Since yesterday’s update, there were five new deaths, as well as, 66 new COVID-19 cases, reported in the Ohio Valley Publish...
Ripley rolls past Black Knights, 72-29
RIPLEY, W.Va. — The Point Pleasant boys basketball team fell 72-29 on the road to the Ripley Vikings Saturday evening.The Black Knight (4-8) off...
South Point fends off Blue Angels, 40-33
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — The Gallia Academy girls basketball team suffered a 40-33 road loss Saturday evening to the South Point Lady Pointers in an ...
Blue Devils avenge South Point, 48-39
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — Proving themselves as a formidable foe.Despite losing junior center Isaac Clary to injury in the first quarter, the Gallia A...
Marauders outlast River Valley, 68-62
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The rust showed, but the Marauders worked through the kinks and eventually found their high gear.After 24 days in between ga...
Bowen inducted into SEOHSBCA hall of fame
Former Eastern varsity baseball coach Brian Bowen — pictured talking with his infielders during a Division IV district semifinal baseball contes...
Beta Alpha members hear dyslexia presentation
GALLIPOLIS — The Beta Alpha Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma recently met at the Holzer Health Center in The East Family Community Room for their No...
Veterans remembered with wreath ceremony
CLAY TOWNSHIP — The inaugural Wreaths Across America event at Providence Cemetery brought the community together to honor veterans.Each year, De...
Point Pleasant Writers Guild celebrates the season
With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas before us, members of the Point Pleasant Writers Guild found time to squeeze eating in while meeting on two ...
GAMS Honor Roll released
Gallia Academy Middle School recently released its honor roll for the first nine weeks as follows:Sixth GradePaiten Arnold, Nick Barnes, Adriana Bartk...
Students donate to animal shelters
First graders at Meigs Primary School recently collected items for dogs at the Meigs County Animal Shelter. Items were also collected for cats but tho...
A former student scores again
Until the death of the president of Training, Solutions, Inc. in 2020 and the closing of the company, for decades I frequently taught courses in creat...
Search the Scriptures: A good sermon
What makes a sermon good?Seeing as how sermons constitute such a large percentage of our periods of worship, at least in regards to time, it seems sen...
God’s Kids Korner: Lost and found
Have you ever misplaced something? Of course, you have. We have all done that, haven’t we? Perhaps we were reading a book and put it down and th...
Reducing prescription drug prices
This year, we are finally making progress in our efforts to bring down the cost of prescription drugs for Ohio seniors. We know that too many Ohioans ...
When a cell phone wasn’t needed
One was in our kitchen and one was on the landing at the top of the stairs in my parents home when I was growing up. They were stationed on the wall a...
Search the Scriptures: Baptism is an appeal to God
In his first epistle, the apostle Peter makes mention of the great deluge in the days of Noah, and how eight individuals were saved from the water, by...