Deceased inmate’s mother addresses county
ODHE chancellor visits Rio
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
Stephens sworn in to 93rd District seat
- Prosecutor talks Gallia crime stats - 7:29 pm
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary - 4:36 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Park district, JB-Nets discuss internet partnership - 9:00 pm
- ‘Our Town’ documentary seeks stories - 6:35 pm
- Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26 - 5:39 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Mulford talks grants, pre-trial services - 6:02 pm
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- Ariel salutes veterans with Nov. 9 concert - 7:18 pm
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:34 pm updated: 5:39 pm.
- Farm festivities in Gallia - 6:16 pm
- Heath screening event Tuesday - 4:10 pm
- Meeting the right people at right times - 7:44 pm updated: 8:09 pm.
- Early voting begins - 9:14 pm
- Brunner to speak before Gallia democrats - 8:49 pm updated: 12:42 am.
- Veteran of the year award to be presented - 7:30 pm
- PVH reports cyber attack - 5:21 pm
- Community partners focus on digital safety - 11:44 pm
- Fighting on the same side - 5:56 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
‘Our Town’ documentary seeks stories
GALLIPOLIS — With the announcement that WOUB would be utilizing Gallipolis as the subject in its upcoming “Our Town” documentary, ar...
Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26
POINT PLEASANT — Halloween season is in full swing and one way to celebrate this month is to visit Fort Randolph on its special open date.On Sat...
Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect
OHIO — Ohio’s new “Tobacco 21” law takes effect on Thursday, Oct. 17, raising the age to purchase cigarettes, other tobacco pr...
Mulford talks grants, pre-trial services
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis Municipal Judge Eric Mulford announced Tuesday that a newly established pre-trial services program has been reducing the...
Celebrating the road to recovery
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer Health System joined the National Rehabilitation Awareness Foundation, sponsor of National Rehabilitation Awareness Celebrat...
Ariel salutes veterans with Nov. 9 concert
GALLIPOLIS — With last year’s Songs of Rural America pops concert seen nationwide on television and held in the Ariel Opera House, the Ohi...
RedStorm women rally, bounce Bears
BECKLEY, W.Va. — Two early first half goals put the University of Rio Grande in a hole.Two early second half markers helped the RedStorm post th...
Lady Tornadoes win sectional over Symmes Valley
RACINE, Ohio — No problems in No. 10.The Southern volleyball team captured the program’s 10th sectional title on Thursday night in Meigs C...
Week 8 football previews
Week 8 of the 2019 football season kicks off in both Ohio and West Virginia this weekend as there are eight contests going on within the Ohio Valley P...
Rio Grande picked 4th in RSC coaches’ poll
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande was selected second in the East Division and fourth overall in the 2019-20 River States Conferen...
Blue Angels sweep Athens in sectional semi
CENTENARY, Ohio — The postseason starts with a sweep.The second-seeded Gallia Academy volleyball team — Ohio Valley Conference champions a...
Black Knights top Capital, 3-1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A really good road win.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team notched its fifth consecutive victory and moved over the .500 mar...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Be a HERo and fight breast cancer
Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the U.S. which is why Gordmans, as part of the Stage community of stores, is ...
Fruth Charitable Trust makes donation
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Jack & Frances “Babs” Fruth Charitable Trust recently made a donation to Trinity United Methodist Ch...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...
A Hunger for More: Spirituality is a practical affair
Spirituality is a practical affair. Does that sound like a strange statement? Often, when talking about spiritual things with people, someone will exp...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...
Breasts and a need to know
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know the stories of survivors of this disease as well as the stories of several women who did not live. An...
Hostas are problem-solvers for shade
Hosta is a perennial foliage plant so well known and widely planted that many gardeners take it for granted. There are over 3000 named varieties, all ...