Residents march in support of BLM
Detroit man arrested on drug charge; Bond set at $250,000
The local ‘farmers market’
South Gallia graduation… ‘Rebels’ recognized for achievements
- Charged for the future - 5:30 pm
- Holzer welcomes Brandenburg - 5:07 pm
- AAA7 offers virtual art, essay and poetry showcase - 4:47 pm
- Ohio Democrats push to declare racism a public health crisis - 3:46 pm
- Splash Pad to open Friday - 12:54 pm
- Governor: Ohio ‘fully intends’ for schools to reopen in fall - 5:28 pm
- Halfhill sentenced to 16 to 20 year for crash deaths - 4:40 pm
- New survey reveals divide in vital uses of internet in southeast Ohio - 2:18 pm updated: 4:41 pm.
- High school students invited to apply for free Summer Law & Trial Institute - 1:37 pm
- Detroit man arrested on drug charge; Bond set at $250,000 - 10:20 am updated: 4:43 pm.
- ODNR releases plan to open most Hocking Hills sites by July 2 - 9:26 am updated: 2:18 pm.
- Health department confirms 6th COVID-19 case - 5:47 pm
- Caregiver telephone support group set - 4:50 pm
- Lieving retires from Farmers Bank - 4:43 pm
- Marshall announces three new cases of COVID-19 - 4:35 pm
- Rutland Ox Roast canceled - 4:14 pm
- Bossard Library to reopen to public - 5:29 pm
- Columbus protest over George Floyd’s death turns violent - 5:21 pm
- Dam construction scheduled at Tycoon Lake - 4:10 pm
- Hope for Ohio fairs - 2:09 pm
- 9 Ohio State Park Lodges to reopen June 5 - 2:08 pm
- Pursuit ends in crash; driver taken into custody - 8:40 pm updated: 9:03 am.
- Wanted: General news assignment reporter - 7:53 pm
- Theft investigation results in arrest - 5:27 pm
- Food distribution partnership comes to Rio - 5:08 pm
ODNR releases plan to open most Hocking Hills sites by July 2
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) met with members of the Hocking Hills Tourism Association on June 1 to outline ...
Health department confirms 6th COVID-19 case
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County Health Department released a statement Friday indicating that a sixth confirmed case of COVID-19 had been recorded in...
Caregiver telephone support group set
GALLIPOLIS — During this time when families have found themselves more isolated, it is important to reach out to others to find help and support...
Lieving retires from Farmers Bank
POMEROY — President of Farmers Bank’s West Virginia Division Mike Lieving has retired.In a news release on Monday, The Farmers Bank & ...
Marshall announces three new cases of COVID-19
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — As part of the university’s established COVID-19 testing protocols for student-athletes returning to campus for volunt...
Ohio schools get OK for sports training
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A memorable start to the Memorial Day weekend.The Ohio high school sports world received a much-needed boost in the arm on Thur...
OHSAA expanding football playoffs in 2021
COLUMBUS, Ohio – During its May meeting Wednesday afternoon, the Ohio High School Athletic Association Board of Directors voted unanimously to e...
Meigs nets 3 all-academic picks
Meigs High School had three players named to the 2020 Southeast Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association all-academic squad, which was released F...
OHSAA girls basketball tournament headed to Dayton
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The University of Dayton Arena will host the Ohio High School Athletic Association girls basketball state tournament for the ne...
Miller wins WVSWA Huff Award
SPENCER, W.Va. — Alex Miller has been selected winner of the 2020 Doug Huff Award from the West Virginia Sports Writers Association.Miller, a Ro...
Southern Ohio Copperheads pledge to keep baseball in southeast Ohio
ATHENS, Ohio — The Southern Ohio Copperheads revealed on April 22 there would be no baseball played in the Bob Wren Stadium this summer. The com...
Three Winebrenner Scholarships awarded
RACINE — Three Southern High School graduates have been selected as the recipients of the Mick Winebrenner Scholarship.The scholarship was part ...
GALLIPOLIS — The most recent livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of S...
Supporting the Pediatric Fund
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer Health System continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations.The Pediatric Fund, in existence f...
Rio Grande Elementary Honor Roll
Mrs. Julie Bays, principal of Rio Grande Elementary, announces the A & A/B Honor Roll for the end of the 2019-20 school year as follows:First Grad...
Green Elementary Honor Roll
Green Elementary Principal Mr. Corey A. Luce announces the Honor Roll for the 2019-20 school year as follows:First Grade: All A’s: Kyndal Bartru...
A Hunger for More: The ‘still more excellent way’
Once more has a senseless loss crashed down upon us the torrential reality of fear, mistrust, and disharmony in our country. The words, “I can...
God’s Kids Korner: Day of Pentecost
Sunday is a special day that many churches celebrate: Pentecost. Jesus had promised His Disciples that He would send someone to help them after He was...
When, how to feed your plants
There’s no better way to feed your plants than mixing the fertilizer with the soil when you plant. This has a “timed-release” effect...
A message to Ohio’s 2020 graduates
At this time of year, thousands of Ohio students would normally be walking across stages in auditoriums, gyms and arenas to proudly accept their high ...
Letter to the Editor: Student offers concerns, solutions
Dear Editor,I come to you with concerns about Governor Mike DeWine’s two for two plan in the 2020-21 school year. I am concerned about the two f...
Understanding tooth decay in children
Did you know 23 percent of children between the ages 2-5 have untreated dental cavities? Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease in childhood. ...