To unite the souls of America
Deputies search for work release walk off
Fatality claims man on Ohio 7
Spreading kindness one rock at a time
Giese to keynote Gallia Veterans Day
- 12 sentenced in Gallia Common Pleas - 7:35 pm
- OVS tunes up for Christmas Show - 6:34 pm
- ‘Keep Your Fork’ tradition returns - 5:43 pm
- Honoring Gallia’s heroes - 7:01 pm
- Rio Symphonic Band to host patriotic concert - 5:38 pm
- Mason County’s annual holiday events set to return - 2:51 pm
- Spreading kindness one rock at a time - 6:29 pm
- Library adds adult Launchpads to collection - 6:13 pm
- Rio Campus honors Officer of Year - 6:12 pm
- A lesson on Veterans Day - 5:26 pm
- Schultz to keystone South Gallia Vets program - 8:19 pm
- Taking in local leaf peeping - 6:11 pm
- Supporters seek to name road after Polcyn family - 4:46 pm
- Gallia voters see GOP return to Statehouse - 3:59 pm
- Get Ready Ohio! - 12:15 pm
- Democrats win Supreme Court; Republicans Appeals Court - 9:33 am updated: 12:44 pm.
- Results from state races, Issue 1 - 11:31 pm
- Gallia unofficial vote results in - 11:25 pm
- Smith projected state rep winner - 11:21 pm
- CSBG water bill assistance program - 12:41 pm
- Rio celebrates Giving Day - 6:13 pm
- Deer-Gun Hunting opens Nov. 26 - 6:12 pm
- Gallia gearas up to vote - 5:37 pm
- Meet the candidates: 93rd District statehouse race - 4:11 pm updated: 4:17 pm.
- Body discovered in Gallipolis Township - 1:55 pm
A lesson on Veterans Day
MASON — Even on a day when they were to be honored, members of the Smith-Capehart American Legion Post 140 of New Haven and Stewart-Johnson V.F....
Schultz to keystone South Gallia Vets program
MERCERVILLE — South Gallia Middle and High School will be holding a program to honor area veterans Friday morning along with a blood drive for t...
Taking in local leaf peeping
As the days get shorter and the nights a little cooler, fall foilage is still hanging on for some final leaf peeping of the season. Here, trails aroun...
Supporters seek to name road after Polcyn family
GALLIPOLIS — Supporters of an effort to change the name of Johnson Ridge Road to Polcyn Ridge Road met with Gallia Commissioners Thursday in the...
Gallia voters see GOP return to Statehouse
COLUMBUS — Gallia County constituents will see familiar faces representing them in the Ohio General Assembly at the Statehouse.In the race for S...
Get Ready Ohio!
COLUMBUS — According to the annual National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Winter Outlook, there is a 70-75 percent chance of El ...
Third quarter surge sends Rio past Knights
LIVONIA, Mich. — The University of Rio Grande used a third quarter surge fueled by its mistake-prone hosts to spark a 69-51 win over Madonna Uni...
RedStorm tops Nittany Lions for 1st win
BECKLEY, W.Va. — After a lopsided season-opening loss at 15th-ranked Mount Vernon Nazarene on Tuesday and a tough loss to USCAA Division II powe...
District 13 D-2 and D-3 teams released
A total of 12 people — 11 players and one coach — were named to the Division II and Division III All-District 13 volleyball teams, as sele...
Polar Bears host Point Saturday
The Point Pleasant football team is headed to its sixth straight quartefinal playoff game on Saturday when it travels to top-ranked Fairmont Senior fo...
Marshall fights past 49ers, 30-13
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — The stampede started as the sun went down.Two minutes into the second half of Saturday afternoon’s Conference USA foot...
Planting Washington Elementary
Gallipolis Garden Club members have a civic project of planting and maintaining the gardens at Washington Elementary school. Seen are some of the memb...
OVB unveils Buckeye Hills debit card
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Ohio Valley Bank recently unveiled a new debit card design as part of its Community First debit card program. The Buckeye Hil...
Be the first to know: Online COLA notices
We are constantly expanding our online services to give you freedom and control when doing business with us. Our new online cost-of-living adjustment ...
Sims interns under Portman
WASHINGTON, D.C. — For Cedarville junior Andrew Sims, life has been about home - from moving in with his youth pastor as a teen, to finding a pl...
2018 National Home Care and Pallative Care Month
Gallia Commissioners welcomed Holzer Hospice representatives Shanna Smith, Stacy Hail and Katie House; Holzer Home Care representatives Connie McGloth...
God’s Kids Korner: Lest we forget
This Sunday, November 11th, we celebrate Veteran’s Day. Sometimes called Armistice Day, it is celebrated in many countries around the world othe...
Teen testimony: Lord, to whom shall we go?
Last Friday, I found myself depressed. I opened God’s Word, and He began speaking this message to my heart. I pray it helps someone.“After...
Search the Scriptures: The healing power of Jesus
The fifth chapter of the Gospel of Mark records for us the healing of the man possessed by a legion of demons in the region of the Gerasenes, on the s...
We need the Lord’s encouragement
At 7:30, she took him from my arms. He laid his chin on her shoulder, and looked back at me. His eyes were misty, and his brow was furrowed. I felt my...
A Hunger for More: ‘You are what you eat,’ right?
“You are what you eat,” right? At least that is how conventional wisdom deals it out to us. And, of course, there is a great deal of truth...
The story of my brief, ill-fated political career
I had a lot of bad ideas in college.Many of them came about after a night of imbibing.Most of them were ill-fated attempts to impress a girl.All of th...