Partnership announced to utilize former GDC cottages
At home in Athens
Wolfe promoted to personal banker
DeWines to introduce book program
Remains identified as missing Oak Hill man
- Buckeye Hills holds organizational meeting - 7:37 pm
- Wolfe promoted to personal banker - 10:29 am
- OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital raises minimum wage to $15 per hour - 9:19 am
- Columbia Gas invests $3 million in city infrastructure - 6:53 pm
- Charity bingo supports Shriners - 6:11 pm
- History on display - 2:41 pm
- HEAP winter crisis program continues - 11:16 am
- College News and Notes - 10:12 am
- Remembering grandpa and raising awareness - 8:46 am
- County discusses land bank creation - 9:41 pm
- AAA7 releases annual report - 6:56 pm
- RVHS holds science fair - 10:43 pm
- RVHS students off to mock trial competition - 10:01 pm updated: 10:09 pm.
- HNB announces promotion - 9:43 am
- Local paramedic recognized for work - 9:45 pm
- Coleman to keynote NAACP MLK Day Celebration - 6:43 pm
- 55th annual Winter Hike Saturday - 5:51 pm
- Travel Expo returns in March - 5:01 pm updated: 5:04 pm.
- Trees awaiting transport - 6:56 pm
- PVH welcomes new oncologist - 5:19 pm
- District celebrates Board Recognition Month - 6:07 pm
- Banners to honor armed forces personnel - 12:29 pm
- Honors in the arts - 9:44 am updated: 12:53 pm.
- County holds discussions with contractors - 8:01 pm
- Bidwell man joins ‘Saved by Belt’ Club - 3:58 pm
County discusses land bank creation
GALLIPOLIS — Representatives from the Western Reserve Land Conservancy met with Gallia Commissioners Thursday during their regular meeting in th...
AAA7 releases annual report
GALLIPOLIS — Information including agency highlights, facts and figures were included in the Area Agency on Aging District 7’s (AAA7) 2018...
RVHS holds science fair
BIDWELL — River Valley High School freshmen and sophomore science fair projects were judged Wednesday morning with 39 projects out of 71 qualify...
RVHS students off to mock trial competition
GALLIPOLIS — River Valley High School juniors and seniors banded together for their annual Mock Trial scrimmage session, Tuesday evening in the ...
HNB announces promotion
RACINE — Home National Bank recently announced the promotion of Jennifer Payne as personal banker at the Syracuse branch. Payne, a Meigs alum, j...
Local paramedic recognized for work
POMEROY – Meigs County EMS Director Robert Jacks has announced that Paramedic Derek Rhodes has been selected as the 2019 Field Employee of the Y...
Raiders win at Point Pleasant, 50-38
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Revenge on the road, thanks to some stifling second half defense.The River Valley boys basketball team — which dro...
Blue Devils avenge Coal Grove, 53-35
COAL GROVE, Ohio — The Blue Devils ultimately made their move in the middle.The Gallia Academy boys basketball team outscored host Coal Grove by...
Blue Angels avenge RV in OT, 60-56
CENTENARY, Ohio — The Blue Angels found their measuring stick … and it was much larger than a standard-sized ruler.After dropping a 56-32 ...
Rio Grande’s Lyne Center celebrates 50th Anniversary
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Lyne Center when the RedStorm entertains Midway Unive...
Kirts, Orr lead Rio women at OBC#3
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Rena Kirts and Tylor Orr each earned a Top 10 finish in leading the University of Rio Grande women’s bowling team to a fi...
DKG learns history of Rio College
RIO GRANDE — The Alpha Beta Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gamma (DKG) met at the Jean Moore Cooper Archives on the third floor of the Greer Museum ...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On Jan. 14, 2020, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common share...
Fruth announces Moonlight Madness Winners
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Fruth Pharmacy recently announced winners from the end-of-the-year 2019 Moonlight Madness Event.Moonlight Madness is hel...
RCBI challenge to recognize best in agricultural innovation
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Agricultural innovators across West Virginia will compete for a business assistance package valued in excess of $10,000 as p...
55th annual Winter Hike set for Saturday
LOGAN — Join the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) in celebrating the beauty of the Hocking Hills region at this year’s 55th Ann...
God’s Kids Korner: He knows our hearts
Our Scripture for this week is Matthew 4: 12-23. Jesus is beginning His public ministry, and He needs some people He knows that He can lead and teach ...
Cross Words: This is your invitation to rest
My Fitbit watch tracks my sleep. I got 6 hours and 19 minutes of sleep last night. Not too bad. The National Sleep Foundation suggests 7 to 9 hours of...
Citrus albedo is better than you thought
Citrus fruits are among the world’s most popular fruits. Oranges are the king of the juicy orbs. They have grown on orange trees for thousands o...
Love has limits
There is a new movement afoot variously calling for love or understanding or cooperation. Sounds good on the surface. Loving people, caring for people...
Pruning in Late Winter
Winter is the time to work on pruning your trees and shrubs. Once the sap starts to rise in spring and the buds on your woody plants start to swell, y...
Float your way to peace, quiet
Adam didn’t know how good he had it.There he was in the Garden of Eden, with the trees, pleasing to the eye and good for food. He had the livest...