Demo in progress
The last full measure
Charleston man indicted in Roush murder case
Bringing home a fallen hero
- Michigan man charged with aggravated arson - 5:19 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- ODOT moving forward with U.S. 33/Johnson Road project - 3:49 pm
- County commission approves agreements, honors Wilson - 2:48 pm
- More from Kickin’ Summer Bash - 2:28 pm
- Summer crisis program available - 2:16 pm
- ‘Kickin’ off summer festival season - 1:00 pm
- Biden promotes milestone of 300M vaccine shots in 150 days - 4:51 pm
- Pomeroy FD responds to structure fires - 4:24 pm
- Three-alarm fire destroys home - 4:07 pm
- A day on the lake - 3:52 pm
- Stephens on Homestead Exemption Bill - 3:38 pm
- Elks presents grants - 2:58 pm
- Demo in progress - 2:55 pm
- Youth coalition addresses Gallia CPR - 2:52 pm
- Not Real News: A look at what didn’t happen this week - 2:44 pm
- Delta variant blamed for southwest Missouri virus increase - 2:42 pm
- Ohio governor: House expulsion vote should be respected - 2:40 pm
- Declaration of Juneteenth holiday sparks scramble in states - 2:37 pm
- Latest livestock report - 12:33 pm
- The last full measure - 12:14 pm
- Feds: West Virginia transgender athlete ban violates law - 4:22 pm
- Diving in - 4:13 pm
- Gallipolis approves paid holiday for employees - 3:42 pm updated: 5:41 pm.
- ODOT: Gallia weekly construction update - 3:27 pm
- Ohio House expels former Republican speaker in historic vote - 3:18 pm
A day on the lake
Summer officially arrives this Sunday but Gallia residents have already started the season by enjoying the great outdoors — including fishing he...
Stephens on Homestead Exemption Bill
COLUMBUS — State Representatives Jason Stephens (R-Kitts Hill) and Jeff LaRe (R-Violet Township) will soon introduce a bill that will adjust Ohi...
Elks presents grants
Gallipolis Elks 107 Past Exalted Ruler Nelson Dray, South Central District Cerebral Palsy Chairman, presented Cerebral Palsy grant checks to Laura Joh...
Demo in progress
POMEROY — Demolition work has been taking place at the former Veterans Memorial Hospital over the past few weeks, clearing the structure which h...
Youth coalition addresses Gallia CPR
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia Citizens for Prevention and Recovery (CPR) met Monday to hear a presentation from the youth prevention coalition.Members...
Not Real News: A look at what didn’t happen this week
A roundup of some of the most popular but completely untrue stories and visuals of the week. None of these are legit, even though they were shared wid...
OHSAA football championships headed to Canton
CANTON, Ohio – The Ohio High School Athletic Association and Pro Football Hall of Fame on Wednesday announced a three-year agreement for the Hal...
Parkersburg rallies past Post 39, 14-13
PARKERSBURG, W.Va. — Everything was more than perfect for one inning.Unfortunately, there were six more innings to get through.Meigs Post 39 pro...
Wahama headed to state
MAN, W.Va. — Soaring into uncharted territory.The Wahama softball team is headed to the state tournament for the first time in program history, ...
Wildcats eliminate Point Pleasant, 10-0
LOGAN, W.Va. — The wrong time for the offense to disappear.The Point Pleasant baseball team had its magical season come to an abrupt halt in six...
Man eliminates White Falcons, 5-1
MASON, W.Va. — A rough start, and too many left on base.The Wahama baseball team had its 2021 season come to a close on Tuesday at Claflin Stadi...
Lady Falcons top Man, 2-0 in Game 1
HARTFORD, W.Va. — One big swing, and now just one win away.The Wahama softball team went up 1-0 in the best-of-three series for the Class A, Reg...
College News and Notes
Ohio University announces Dean’s List recipients ATHENS — More than 7,800 students qualified for the spring semester 2021 Dean’s Lis...
Eastern hosts baseball camp
Eastern High School hosted a baseball camp for area youth earlier this week, with sessions for grades 3-5 and 6-9. A total of 56 kids were registered ...
VFW Post 9053 presents scholarships
TUPPERS PLAINS — Tuppers Plains VFW Post 9053 recently presented scholarships to graduates of the Class of 2021.Scholarships were presented by C...
Rio Grande Elementary Honor Roll
Mrs. Julie Bays, principal of Rio Grande Elementary, announces the A and A/B Honor Rolls for the end of the 2020-21 school year.1st Grade – Home...
Green Elementary Honor Roll
Green Elementary Principal Mr. Corey A. Luce, announces the Honor Roll for the 2020-21 school year:First GradeAll A’s: Presley Angel, Eloise Bea...
Meigs Health Matters… Community Health Improvement Week
This year we observed Community Health Improvement Week from June 7-12. Community Health Improvement Week is a national event to recognize community h...
Search the Scriptures: Concerning sparrows and men
The old world sparrow, also known as a true sparrow, is a small brown and grey seed-eating bird and is one of the best known of birds in all the world...
Hold strong when you are pressured
Christian people have the potential of being most spiritually equipped when it comes to dealing with any conflict, confrontation, or calamity that com...
God’s Kids Korner: Soccer goals, life, and the Bible
I bet a lot of you play soccer. It is a very popular sport all over the world and here locally for kids to play on teams in the spring and fall. The a...
Cross Words: Selecting songs for Sunday morning
The songs we sing on a Sunday morning influence what we believe about God. They communicate God’s Word. They preach. And because of this, we mus...
‘We all want to return to normal’
Kids fear some crazy things. I remember as a child being afraid of the green giant on the side of a box in my bedroom closet. That fear vanished as I ...