Gallipolis house fire claims life of elderly man
Growing ‘the market’
Meigs reports one new COVID-19 case… Mason zero new cases; Gallia one less
First day with zero cases for the region since early in the pandemic
The growing season… Series on area greenhouses continue
- State Rep. Stephens supports House Budget Bill - 5:44 pm
- Growing ‘the market’ - 4:38 pm
- AIM Media Midwest sues Facebook, Google over digital advertising tactics - 3:36 pm
- Meigs reports one new COVID-19 case… Mason zero new cases; Gallia one less - 3:27 pm
- Drug take back event planned for Saturday - 9:46 pm
- First day with zero cases for the region since early in the pandemic - 5:22 pm
- Officers investigate reported shooting - 4:56 pm updated: 4:59 pm.
- South Gallia’s ‘The Hanger’ benefits students - 3:32 pm
- The growing season… Series on area greenhouses continue - 12:28 pm
- MU researchers study wastewater for SARS-CoV-2 - 12:21 pm
- Youth turkey hunting season numbers in - 11:55 am
- 9 new COVID-19 cases reported - 4:56 pm
- MCHD provides range of nursing services - 4:22 pm
- Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley says she’s running for Ohio governor - 3:06 pm
- Proms, graduations scheduled in Gallia - 3:00 pm
- The family business… Series on area greenhouses continues - 2:57 pm
- Library updates procedures for returning items - 2:50 pm
- Honoring those lost to COVID-19 - 5:54 pm
- 10 new COVID-19 cases reported - 4:36 pm
- Rapp named administrator at Holzer Senior Care Center - 3:40 pm
- Vietnam Veterans speak with Rio students… Perspectives on Veterans Administration, government - 3:36 pm updated: 3:42 pm.
- Colors of spring - 2:45 pm
- Hopewell Health Centers names new Chief Medical Officer - 2:36 pm
- Gallia-Jackson-Vinton JVSD Board approves agenda items - 5:21 pm updated: 5:23 pm.
- New cases reported… Latest vaccine numbers and case data - 4:24 pm
MU researchers study wastewater for SARS-CoV-2
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Members of the Marshall University research community have looked to an unusual outlet to supplement the battle against the ...
Youth turkey hunting season numbers in
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio’s youth wild turkey hunting season ended Sunday, with 1,473 birds harvested by young hunters, according to the Ohio ...
MCHD provides range of nursing services
Editor’s note: This is the second in a series of articles regarding the 2020 annual report from the Meigs County Health Department.POMEROY ̵...
Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley says she’s running for Ohio governor
CINCINNATI (AP) — Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, pulled into the national spotlight by a 2019 mass shooting, said Monday she wants to unseat Ohio̵...
Proms, graduations scheduled in Gallia
GALLIA COUNTY — Public high schools in Gallia County are planning in-person proms and graduations for students this year.Gallia Academy High Sch...
Rio Grande takes series finale from Trailblazers
CIRCLEVILLE, Ohio — Caden Cluxton smacked an eighth inning tie-breaking single and Kent Reeser followed with a two-run double, lifting the Unive...
White Falcons oust Hannan, 94-27
MASON, W.Va. — They say it’s tough to beat a team three times in a season… but they didn’t tell the White Falcons.The second-s...
RedStorm win place 2nd at Art Lanham Invitational
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Chanavier Robinson recorded three first-place performances and Sierra Cress added two of her own to lead the University of Ri...
Rio men 2nd at Lanham Invitational
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Keshawn Jones and Antoine Sullivan, Jr. were solely responsible for — or directly involved in — four of the Unive...
Monday box scores
SOFTBALLSouthern 8, Waterford 7W^101^200^201^—^7-13-3S^000^033^002^—^8-12-3WP: Kassidy Chaney (9IP, 7R, 13H, K, BB)LP: Lakyn Brooker (4IP,...
Make up day for kindergarten registration
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis City Schools hosts a make-up drive-through registration day for kindergartners and their families from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.,...
Long-time Pastor retiring
Senior Pastor Paul Voss is retiring after 36 years of service at theFirst Church of God in Gallipolis. Voss’s retirement caps 42 plus years of p...
Pomeroy Eagles scholarship applications
POMEROY — Four $750 scholarships will be awarded by the Pomeroy Eagles Club #2171 and the Eagles Auxiliary. The scholarships will be given to tw...
St. Peter’s Episcopal welcomes new Priest and new service times.
At Sunday services on Feb. 14, 2021, the congregation of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church (541 2nd Avenue, Gallipolis) welcomed the Rev. Joshua D Ne...
New Life Church of God welcomes pastor
The New Life Church of God at 576 State Route 7 North across from Quality Inn and Speedway in Kanauga has a new pastor.Rev. Ronald G. Heath has been a...
Do not let others cause you to doubt God
It can happen if you are not careful. There is a good example of this in Scripture.When Israel was delivered from their Egyptian bondage, they saw fir...
A Hunger for More: The only way to break the chains
It can be very disconcerting today when one looks about and sees how the principles and commandments and promises of God are not only set aside but ar...
God’s Kids Korner: The Domino Effect
You remember from our story last week about Thomas that Jesus appeared to the disciples several times after Easter. At first, the disciples were afrai...
Meigs Health Matters… April is ‘Defeat Diabetes Month’
Diabetes. Many around our area refer to this disease as ‘sugar’ or a ‘little bit of sugar’ and do not understand the severity ...
Search the Scriptures: True Christianity is never for sale
Some years back, when in college, I had a friend of the Charismatic persuasion kindly offer to teach me how to speak in tongues. He was quite sincere,...
‘The Deer of the Morning’
There is an interesting section of Scripture at Psalms 22, 23, and 24. These three form a trilogy concerning the shepherding roles of Jesus Christ. Ps...