Art on display
Deceased inmate’s mother addresses county
ODHE chancellor visits Rio
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
- Democrats rally at fall banquet - 9:34 pm
- ‘Elvis’ concert this Saturday - 7:40 pm
- MU’s Mid-Ohio Valley Center celebrates 25 years - 6:26 pm
- LaRose meets with Board of Elections - 5:38 pm
- Mark Porter wins National Recognition - 12:42 pm
- Stewart inducted into hall of fame - 7:24 pm
- Trick-or-treat, Halloween events - 6:30 pm
- Free concert offered by acclaimed saxophonist - 6:23 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center opens - 6:19 pm updated: 6:22 pm.
- Celebrating Campbell’s contribution - 5:03 pm
- Art on display - 10:11 am
- Prosecutor talks Gallia crime stats - 7:29 pm updated: 4:57 pm.
- Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper - 8:15 pm
- Owning the unexpected - 8:00 pm
- Lessons learned on my cancer journey - 8:00 pm
- Gathering in the name of hope - 8:00 pm
- Finding the ‘warrior’ within - 8:00 pm
- MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary - 4:36 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Park district, JB-Nets discuss internet partnership - 9:00 pm
- ‘Our Town’ documentary seeks stories - 6:35 pm
- Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26 - 5:39 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Mulford talks grants, pre-trial services - 6:02 pm
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
Celebrating Campbell’s contribution
The Emancipation Proclamation Celebration Committee recently presented an award to Marianne Campbell, pictured at center, for her many years of dedica...
Art on display
MIDDLEPORT — Local talent was on display during the recent Art in the Village fall art show held at the Riverbend Arts Council in Middleport....
Prosecutor talks Gallia crime stats
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County Prosecutor Jason Holdren presented crime statistics from his office over the course of 2017 and into 2019 to the Gall...
Breast Cancer Awareness edition inside Friday’s newspaper
OHIO VALLEY — Inside today’s newspaper is Ohio Valley Publishing’s annual Breast Cancer Awareness special edition.Each year, the sta...
Owning the unexpected
GALLIA COUNTY — Jodie Penrod is a woman who wears many hats and she will tell you that is a figurative and literal statement.She is a working mo...
Lessons learned on my cancer journey
Lesson one: The importance of regular, yearly checkups.There are many illnesses that have successful outcomes if diagnosed and treated early, and brea...
Lady Eagles win D-3 district title
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Eastern produced seven of the eight local regional qualifiers and one team title on Saturday at the 2019 Division III Southea...
Gallia County sends 9 to D-2 regionals
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Gallia County had nine athletes qualify for regional competition on Saturday at the 2019 Division II Southeast District Cross...
Ohio Football Prep Polls
DIVISION I1, Mentor (20);8-0;2072, Lakewood St. Edward;7-1;1723, Fairfield (2);8-0;1664, Powell Olentangy Liberty (1);8-0;1415, Cincinnati Elder;7-1;1...
Black Knights roll past Ravenswood, 7-2
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Looking good at just the right time.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team concluded its 2019 regular season campaign on Sa...
Lady Pioneers eliminate Eastern
KINNIKINNICK, Ohio — It was quick, but not entirely painless.The Eastern volleyball team reached double digits only once as host Zane Trace roll...
Ohio stops Flashes, 45-38
ATHENS, Ohio — Back in the win column and back on top of the standings.The Ohio football team bounced back from its Homecoming loss with a 45-38...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Be a HERo and fight breast cancer
Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the U.S. which is why Gordmans, as part of the Stage community of stores, is ...
Fruth Charitable Trust makes donation
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Jack & Frances “Babs” Fruth Charitable Trust recently made a donation to Trinity United Methodist Ch...
Love doesn’t hurt
Have you ever witnessed a dog that has had a traumatic past? Or one that has not been exposed to human kindness and love? Many time’s when one e...
When adults bully adults, kids suffer
October is National Bullying Prevention Month.“Every day thousands of young people experience bullying from their peers while at school, after s...
‘There is no right or wrong way to feel’
From the moment my doctor said I needed a biopsy I became detached. I felt like an observer. I noted the information and scheduled for the procedure l...
Search the Scriptures: ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ revisited
It turns out that “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” may be a rather optimistic take on the human condition.Rather than acknowledging the ...
When we do things by The Book
One of the exciting prospects of studying God’s Word is discovery. I often approach Bible study with the prayer, “Lord, what will you let ...
God’s Kids Korner: Never give up
Can you remember a time when you wanted something? I mean REALLY wanted something so much that you thought you could not live without it? It might hav...