Noah and the Ark
Big Bend Blues Bash returns Aug. 6 – 7
The last full measure
Sternwheel Regatta set
Story time at Bossard
- New COVID cases reported in Gallia, Mason - 6:14 pm updated: 6:15 pm.
- Gallia Commissioners approve contracts - 4:55 pm
- Victim in reported ‘shooting incident’ dies - 4:29 pm updated: 7:24 pm.
- Traffic stop leads to seizure of suspected drugs - 3:45 pm
- Ohio University to welcome alumni back to campus for Homecoming 2021 - 1:03 pm
- Noah and the Ark - 4:08 pm
- Gallia fair opens Monday - 3:13 pm
- Big Bend Blues Bash returns Aug. 6 – 7 - 2:41 pm
- Gallia ‘shooting incident’ under investigation - 2:21 pm updated: 5:01 pm.
- Plans underway for Rutland community garden - 1:54 pm
- Ohio Valley History… The first ‘Mother of all Floods’ - 12:56 pm
- ‘Virtual Career Fair’ planned for job seekers, businesses - 10:00 am updated: 1:03 pm.
- The last full measure - 9:57 am
- Nominations sought for community champion award - 1:56 pm
- Bees of the Ohio Valley: Mason Bees - 1:43 pm updated: 5:08 pm.
- COVID on the rise as mask guidance changes - 4:58 pm
- Sternwheel Regatta set - 3:23 pm
- View Story - 3:22 pm
- Nine vying for ‘Miss Gallia County’ - 9:04 am
- Reported farm machinery theft investigation leads to arrest, recovery of property - 5:59 pm
- Story time at Bossard - 5:24 pm
- Party in the Park - 4:09 pm
- CDC reverses course on indoor masks in some parts of US - 3:15 pm
- Local organizations awarded ‘arts grants’ - 4:40 pm
- WWII soldier’s medals displayed - 4:38 pm
Plans underway for Rutland community garden
RUTLAND — Residents in Rutland may be able to enjoy a community garden starting next year as plans for its development and construction are unde...
Ohio Valley History… The first ‘Mother of all Floods’
Everyone in the Ohio Valley grows up hearing stories from the Great Flood of 1937. Tearing through the Valley, and cresting at a height of 62.7 feet i...
‘Virtual Career Fair’ planned for job seekers, businesses
OHIO VALLEY — To aid local businesses in recovering from the effects of COVID-19, The Ohio Southeast Economic Development, OhioMeansJobs Gallia,...
The last full measure
POMEROY/LONG BOTTOM, Ohio — It was a homecoming nearly 77 years in the making.Military services, proclamations, presentation of medals, and a pr...
Nominations sought for community champion award
OHIO VALLEY — Do you know a local champion in the fight against the opioid epidemic?“As we continue to fight against drug addiction, speci...
Bees of the Ohio Valley: Mason Bees
OHIO VALLEY — Native bees play a crucial role in pollination, but are often overshowed by honeybees. Honeybees produce wax and honey as well as ...
Lancaster pulls away from Post 39, 14-4
LANCASTER, Ohio — The streak is over, but the series is still alive.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team had its five-game winning streak come to an ...
Post 39 holds off Lancaster, 8-7
LANCASTER, Ohio — Some stressful moments, but the streak continues.The Post 39 baseball team won its fifth game in a row on Tuesday at Beavers F...
Herd picked to win C-USA East Division
DALLAS, Texas — A rematch in the making?If a preseason media poll is any indication, the Marshall football team will have its chance for revenge...
Meigs Post 39 pummels Glouster, 11-1
LANCASTER, Ohio — The start to the postseason couldn’t have gone much better.The Meigs Post 39 American Legion baseball team opened the di...
OVP Prep Football Schedules
Gallia Academy Blue DevilsAug. 20vs. Meigs7 p.m.Aug. 27at Athens7 p.m.Sept. 3at Point Pleasant7 p.m.Sept. 10vs. Chesapeake7 p.m.Sept. 17vs. Portsmouth...
Post 39 blanks Glouster, 6-0
GLOUSTER, Ohio — A four-pitcher gem, and a fourth straight win.The Meigs Post 39 baseball team won its fourth consecutive game on Thursday in At...
Wahama Alumni award scholarships
Although the Wahama Alumni banquet had to be canceled this year, the alumni awarded $5,400 in scholarships to graduating seniors. These scholarships w...
Competing at the national level
A local student from Southwestern Elementary recently walked away with a national championship and the Southwestern club placed eighth in the National...
Browning earns Black Belt
The Point Pleasant branch school of S.H. Kang’s Taekwondo Academy recently acknowledged a new Black Belt in the association’s 204th Promot...
RACO plans upcoming events
RACINE — The Racine Area Community Organization held their monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 22, at the Kathryn Hart community room. Tonja Hunter...
Supporting local military personnel
Beau Sang’s State Farm Insurance recently held a competition among staff with the winner receiving a $500 donation to the charity of their choic...
God’s Kids Korner: Understanding The Lord’s Prayer
Most of you have heard or even know the Lord’s Prayer. It is in the Bible in two different places: Luke 11:1-4 and Matthew 6: 9-15. Jesus was a ...
Cross Words: Trust God more than yourself
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight y...
Meigs Health Matters… Preventing teen pregnancy
Did you know that 1-in-4 girls will be pregnant at least one time before the age of 20? During 2016, reports show that, combined, there were over 900,...
Cross Words: Grace-empowered rest
Last week, I wrote about grace-empowered work. But we also need to understand grace-empowered rest.Most of us realize our need for help when it comes ...
God’s Kids Korner: Celebrate God!
One of my favorite Bible verses is from Philippians, Chapter 4, Verse 4. This is a very well-known passage that says, “Rejoice in the Lord alway...
Spiritual stamina is a relevant concern
From a great verse of Scripture located at Jeremiah 12:5, God asked Jeremiah a pointed question, “If you have run with the footmen, and they hav...