Legislative Town Hall returns to Gallia
Art in the Village
Sheriff’s Office gains two cruisers
Trick-or-treat times set
Launching Rio into Gallia history
- Industrial park site certified by SiteOhio - 5:55 pm
- Good News’ firewood ministry returns - 5:50 pm
- GPD searches for missing woman - 3:13 pm updated: 3:29 pm.
- Art in the Village - 8:49 am
- National School Bus Safety Week is Oct. 22-26 - 4:13 pm
- ‘Ghosts of Ohio’ author to speak at Bossard - 11:59 am
- Being prepared - 8:10 am
- Sheriff’s office investigates armed robbery - 6:37 pm
- County renews VOCA grant - 11:26 pm
- Missing man recovered - 10:07 pm
- Former NFL player to hold book signing - 6:07 pm
- Kicking off the holiday shopping season - 5:48 pm
- City discusses maintenance worker title changes - 10:43 pm
- Sheriff’s office searching for missing man - 10:13 pm
- Dayton man sentenced on drug charges - 9:39 pm updated: 9:49 pm.
- GAHS FFA opens Alumni Building - 9:35 pm
- Gallia Christmas Project returns - 8:15 pm
- Legislative town hall Friday - 7:47 pm updated: 7:48 pm.
- Gallia election ballot language released - 8:04 pm
- Rio to launch See, Hear, Speak - 7:43 pm
- Tales in the tavern returns - 5:39 pm
- AG awards $111.8 million in grants to Crime Victim Service Providers - 5:20 pm
- Man wanted in series of reported crimes - 7:54 pm updated: 7:57 pm.
- GAHS FFA to dedicate new building - 7:44 pm
- River Valley FFA news - 5:32 pm
Missing man recovered
GALLIPOLIS — A missing man who reportedly walked away from a nursing facility on Buckridge Road on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at approximately 7:09 p.m.,...
Former NFL player to hold book signing
CHESTER — Former NFL player Ron McDole will hold a book signing on Saturday as part of the Meigs Heritage Festival at the Chester Courthouse.McD...
Kicking off the holiday shopping season
POINT PLEASANT — Holiday shopping season is right around the corner and businesses along Main Street will be kicking if off the first Saturday i...
City discusses maintenance worker title changes
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis City Commission met for a special meeting Tuesday and discussed concerns with an ongoing culvert replacement project on ...
Sheriff’s office searching for missing man
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a missing man who reportedly walked away from a nursing facility on Buckr...
Dayton man sentenced on drug charges
GALLIPOLIS — A Dayton man was sentenced to eight years and 11 months in prison in the Gallia Court of Common Pleas Wednesday.Following a one-day...
Herd stomps Florida Atlantic, 31-7
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — The Herd was feeling festive on Homecoming.The Marshall football team forced five turnovers, churned out 233 rushing yards a...
Blue Angels wallop Waverly for sectional crown
CENTENARY, Ohio — A forceful four-peat.The Gallia Academy volleyball team earned its fourth consecutive Division II sectional title on Saturday ...
Cats clobber Bowling Green, 49-14
ATHENS, Ohio — Run early, run often.The OU football team ran for 392 yards, 343 of which came in the first half, as the Bobcats rolled to a 49-1...
Blue Angels win sectional crown
The Gallia Academy volleyball team won its fourth straight sectional title on Saturday in Centenary, as the second-seeded Blue Angels rolled to a stra...
Bobcats breeze past Bowling Green, 49-14
The Ohio football team celebrated homecoming in style on Saturday inside Peden Stadium, as the Bobcats rolled to a 49-14 victory over Mid-American Con...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On October 16, 2018, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common sh...
RV FFA hosts Ohio FFA reps
The FFA is about leadership, passion and helping others. The River Valley FFA Chapter held a Leadership Night hosting two of the Ohio FFA Foundation...
GAHS attends OHSAA Student Leadership Conference
On October 2, a few student athletes from Gallia Academy High School joined other young men and women at the 2018 OHSAA Foundation Student Leadership ...
Wright re-elected to AFSCME board
GALLIPOLIS — Floyd Wright, President of AFSCME Retiree Subchapter 102 of Gallia and Jackson Counties, was re-elected to a fourth term on Septemb...
For His Glory 4-H news
GALLIPOLIS — This month’s meeting was Sept. 30 for For His Glory 4-H club.For this month’s meeting, members were at their normal pla...
Homecoming at South Gallia
These are the young ladies vying for the title of South Gallia Homecoming Queen Friday night, October 5. From left, Jessica Luther, Bailey Walter, and...
Jack J. Stewart
GREENFIELD Twp. — Jack J. Stewart, 66, Greenfield Township, died Thursday, October 18, 2018, at his home near Gallia. In keeping with Jack’...
Meigs Health Matters: The dangers of smokeless products
Using smokeless products can cause serious health problems. Protect your health; don’t start. If you do use them, quit. Smokeless tobacco contai...
Search the Scriptures: Draw Near
The Bible tells us, “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” (James 4:8a)This promise is both heartening and encouraging. It also...
God’s Kids Korner: ‘First Place is Not Always the Best Place’ – Mark 10: 35-45
In the Book of Mark, Chapter 10, and Verses 35-45, we read about two of Jesus’ Disciples who had a very specific request. James and John believe...
A Hunger for More: Take the mask off and come clean
In this, the end of October, many a masked child can be seen stalking throughout the various corners of southern Ohio, in passionate searches of the s...
Anyone polling God?
Many are gauging opinions through a multitude of opinion polls these days. Opinion polls drive politics. Opinion polls drive manufacturing. Opinion po...