ODHE chancellor visits Rio
Scenes from Bob Evans Farm Festival
County meets with jail architects; state responds to jail issues
Stephens sworn in to 93rd District seat
Stephens fills 93rd District House seat
- MOVC to celebrate 25th anniversary - 4:36 pm
- Holzer Wound Care Center ribbon cutting set - 4:00 pm
- Park district, JB-Nets discuss internet partnership - 9:00 pm
- ‘Our Town’ documentary seeks stories - 6:35 pm
- Fort Randolph’s Harvest Fest set for Oct. 26 - 5:39 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect - 4:27 pm
- Mulford talks grants, pre-trial services - 6:02 pm
- Celebrating the road to recovery - 5:34 pm
- Ariel salutes veterans with Nov. 9 concert - 7:18 pm
- Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide - 5:34 pm updated: 5:39 pm.
- Farm festivities in Gallia - 6:16 pm
- Heath screening event Tuesday - 4:10 pm
- Meeting the right people at right times - 7:44 pm updated: 8:09 pm.
- Early voting begins - 9:14 pm
- Brunner to speak before Gallia democrats - 8:49 pm updated: 12:42 am.
- Veteran of the year award to be presented - 7:30 pm
- PVH reports cyber attack - 5:21 pm
- Community partners focus on digital safety - 11:44 pm
- Fighting on the same side - 5:56 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
- Rio to host Intergenerational Festival - 5:48 pm
- Legislative town hall Friday - 5:32 pm
- Buckeye Rural Electric Cooperative receives $2.5 million ARC POWER Initiative broadband infrastructure grant - 5:24 pm
- Scenes from Country Fall Festival - 3:57 pm
- Sifting through city commission history - 6:59 pm
- Gallia DD board gets new superintendent - 6:11 pm
Rio closes Lyne Center, report of carbon monoxide
RIO GRANDE — The Rio Grande Fire Department reported to an emergency call around 11 a.m. at the Lyne Center of the Rio Grande Community College ...
Farm festivities in Gallia
Workers work beneath the sorghum demonstration barn on the Bob Evans Farm during the 49th annual Bob Evans Farm Festival which began on Friday and con...
Heath screening event Tuesday
GALLIPOLIS — This October, Holzer is proud to participate in National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.Each of Holzer’s locations that provid...
Meeting the right people at right times
GALLIPOLIS — After facing unemployment and language barriers half the world away, Erin O’Neil decided to make the best of her situation to...
Early voting begins
GALLIPOLIS — Early voting has started for the coming November election.According to the Gallia Board of Elections, from now until Oct. 25, the b...
Brunner to speak before Gallia democrats
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia Democrats will be hosting their fall dinner at the Gallipolis AMVETS building Oct. 21 where Ohio Tenth District Court of App...
Black Knights top Capital, 3-1
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A really good road win.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team notched its fifth consecutive victory and moved over the .500 mar...
Blue Angels ousted by Warren, 3-1
VINCENT, Ohio — A second season in the books.The Gallia Academy girls soccer team — co-champion of the Ohio Valley Conference — had ...
Lady Knights win 20th match, sweep OVCS
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Nothing dirty about this dozen.The Point Pleasant volleyball team was down 1-0 in the opening game, then never trailed t...
Rio’s Gioffre earns all-tourney honor
McDERMOTT, Ohio — University of Rio Grande senior Rafaella Gioffre shot a 12-over par 84 on Tuesday to record a second place finish individually...
Rio men take 6th place in fall finale
McDERMOTT, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande men’s golf team closed out its fall schedule on Tuesday with a sixth place finish in the Ro...
RedStorm women cruise past Brescia
OWENSBORO, Ky. — Finally, the University of Rio Grande women’s soccer team found a way to finish.The RedStorm scored four second half goal...
GALLIPOLIS — The latest livestock report as submitted by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Date of Sale: ...
Writers Guild hosts guests
The Point Pleasant Writers Guild had not one, but three guest speakers at its last meeting, Melecio P. Simon, Jr., also known as Dr. Mel, Mea Enrico o...
Gallia Legislative Town Hall
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, along with Holzer Medical Center, will host the 2019 Gallia County Chamber Legislative Town ...
Be a HERo and fight breast cancer
Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the U.S. which is why Gordmans, as part of the Stage community of stores, is ...
Fruth Charitable Trust makes donation
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Jack & Frances “Babs” Fruth Charitable Trust recently made a donation to Trinity United Methodist Ch...
Cross Words: God still requires acceptable worship
The book of Leviticus is a challenging read. It’s a detailed history describing the priesthood, offerings, sacrifices, and other laws given by G...
A Hunger for More: Spirituality is a practical affair
Spirituality is a practical affair. Does that sound like a strange statement? Often, when talking about spiritual things with people, someone will exp...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...
Breasts and a need to know
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I know the stories of survivors of this disease as well as the stories of several women who did not live. An...
Hostas are problem-solvers for shade
Hosta is a perennial foliage plant so well known and widely planted that many gardeners take it for granted. There are over 3000 named varieties, all ...
Kids still say the darndest things
Most homes in the 1950s and 1960s only had one television. Ours sat in the corner of the living room where the afternoon sun wouldn’t cause a gl...