Legislative Town Hall returns to Gallia
Art in the Village
Sheriff’s Office gains two cruisers
Trick-or-treat times set
Launching Rio into Gallia history
- Rio to award ‘Veteran of the Year’ - 5:31 pm updated: 5:39 pm.
- Four charged in death investigation - 3:47 pm updated: 3:52 pm.
- Kicking off the holiday shopping season - 3:33 pm
- Industrial park site certified by SiteOhio - 5:55 pm
- Good News’ firewood ministry returns - 5:50 pm
- GPD searches for missing woman - 3:13 pm updated: 3:29 pm.
- Art in the Village - 8:49 am
- National School Bus Safety Week is Oct. 22-26 - 4:13 pm
- ‘Ghosts of Ohio’ author to speak at Bossard - 11:59 am
- Being prepared - 8:10 am
- Sheriff’s office investigates armed robbery - 6:37 pm
- County renews VOCA grant - 11:26 pm
- Missing man recovered - 10:07 pm
- Former NFL player to hold book signing - 6:07 pm
- Kicking off the holiday shopping season - 5:48 pm
- City discusses maintenance worker title changes - 10:43 pm
- Sheriff’s office searching for missing man - 10:13 pm
- Dayton man sentenced on drug charges - 9:39 pm updated: 9:49 pm.
- GAHS FFA opens Alumni Building - 9:35 pm
- Gallia Christmas Project returns - 8:15 pm
- Legislative town hall Friday - 7:47 pm updated: 7:48 pm.
- Gallia election ballot language released - 8:04 pm
- Rio to launch See, Hear, Speak - 7:43 pm
- Tales in the tavern returns - 5:39 pm
- AG awards $111.8 million in grants to Crime Victim Service Providers - 5:20 pm
REEDSVILLE — More than two dozen Eastern Local staff members and administrators took part in a potentially life-saving training during a recent ...
Sheriff’s office investigates armed robbery
GUYAN TOWNSHIP — Gallia County Sheriff Matt Champlin has released a statement regarding a reported armed robbery and investigation which occurre...
County renews VOCA grant
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County recently had its Victims of Crime Survivors Services Grant Program renewed to continued funding victim’s advoca...
Missing man recovered
GALLIPOLIS — A missing man who reportedly walked away from a nursing facility on Buckridge Road on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at approximately 7:09 p.m.,...
Former NFL player to hold book signing
CHESTER — Former NFL player Ron McDole will hold a book signing on Saturday as part of the Meigs Heritage Festival at the Chester Courthouse.McD...
Kicking off the holiday shopping season
POINT PLEASANT — Holiday shopping season is right around the corner and businesses along Main Street will be kicking if off the first Saturday i...
Brescia records sweep of RedStorm volleyball
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Brescia University’s visit to the Newt Oliver Arena started slow, but finished fast.The Bearcats rallied from an early ...
Rio’s Carpenter wins Great Lakes Challenge
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Kameron Carpenter won the individual championship and led the University of Rio Grande to a third place outing as a team i...
Rio’s Williams 2nd at Great Lakes Challenge
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Lucy Williams ran to a second place finish to lead the University of Rio Grande in the White Division of Saturday’s ...
Herd stomps Florida Atlantic, 31-7
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — The Herd was feeling festive on Homecoming.The Marshall football team forced five turnovers, churned out 233 rushing yards a...
Blue Angels wallop Waverly for sectional crown
CENTENARY, Ohio — A forceful four-peat.The Gallia Academy volleyball team earned its fourth consecutive Division II sectional title on Saturday ...
River Town Electric ribbon cutting
River Town Electric, LLC was established in October 2017 and served its first customer, Chuck Connelly, owner and operator of the Auto Trim Center, in...
Pediatric Fund Sponsors recognized
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer Health System continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations. The Pediatric Fund, in existence ...
OVBC announces cash dividend
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On October 16, 2018, Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.21 per common sh...
RV FFA hosts Ohio FFA reps
The FFA is about leadership, passion and helping others. The River Valley FFA Chapter held a Leadership Night hosting two of the Ohio FFA Foundation...
GAHS attends OHSAA Student Leadership Conference
On October 2, a few student athletes from Gallia Academy High School joined other young men and women at the 2018 OHSAA Foundation Student Leadership ...
Wright re-elected to AFSCME board
GALLIPOLIS — Floyd Wright, President of AFSCME Retiree Subchapter 102 of Gallia and Jackson Counties, was re-elected to a fourth term on Septemb...
I second that emoji
It’s another new word driven by and originated in the wonderful universe of technology. The World Wide Web begat emails. Emails begat messaging....
Living in paradise comes with a price
Picturesque views of sky, sea, and sand. Oceanic experiences with wet creatures, lush vegetation, and tropical trends. Soothing sounds, salty smells, ...
Jack J. Stewart
GREENFIELD Twp. — Jack J. Stewart, 66, Greenfield Township, died Thursday, October 18, 2018, at his home near Gallia. In keeping with Jack’...
Meigs Health Matters: The dangers of smokeless products
Using smokeless products can cause serious health problems. Protect your health; don’t start. If you do use them, quit. Smokeless tobacco contai...
Search the Scriptures: Draw Near
The Bible tells us, “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” (James 4:8a)This promise is both heartening and encouraging. It also...
God’s Kids Korner: ‘First Place is Not Always the Best Place’ – Mark 10: 35-45
In the Book of Mark, Chapter 10, and Verses 35-45, we read about two of Jesus’ Disciples who had a very specific request. James and John believe...