New cases reported… Latest vaccine numbers and case data
The return of ‘River Rec’… Royalty registration deadlines, entertainment update
The band plays on… Gallia Academy Band gets creative with fundraising following difficult year
9 new cases reported… Latest case data in Gallia, Mason, Meigs
Out of the Darkness Walk goes virtual… Opportunities to raise suicide prevention awareness, purchase luminarias
- Gallia-Jackson-Vinton JVSD Board approves agenda items - 5:21 pm updated: 5:23 pm.
- New cases reported… Latest vaccine numbers and case data - 4:24 pm
- PVH to host ‘Donate Life’ event April 22 - 2:54 pm
- One transported following alleged accidental discharge of a gun - 10:14 pm
- An upgraded experience… Council discusses plans for Krodel Park - 6:18 pm
- 9 new cases reported… Latest case data in Gallia, Mason, Meigs - 4:44 pm
- ‘Red’ states on U.S. electoral map lagging on vaccinations - 3:10 pm
- Study finds people want more than watchdogs for journalists - 2:27 pm
- Brad D. Smith Business Incubator - 1:28 pm
- HGTV’s Ford to deliver virtual commencement address at OU - 1:22 pm
- Court of Appeals issues rulings - 1:21 pm
- House GOP spending plan includes 2% personal income tax cut - 12:06 pm
- Free fishing events focus on ‘grandfamilies’ - 11:31 am
- Wahama HOF golf tourney set, deadline April 20 - 11:25 am
- Ohio providers pause J&J vaccines as US reviews clot cases - 5:10 pm
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about COVID vaccines and rare clots - 4:40 pm
- Gallia Local Schools hires new superintendent - 4:30 pm
- Gallia CPR updates on prevention, recovery efforts - 4:15 pm
- 3 new cases, hospitalization reported… Latest case data in Gallia, Mason, Meigs - 4:12 pm
- US court lifts hold on Ohio’s Down syndrome abortion law - 3:59 pm
- US recommends ‘pause’ for J&J shots in blow to vaccine drive - 3:55 pm
- Biden wants infrastructure deal, but GOP doubts persist - 12:57 pm
- Ohio University Racine vaccination clinic canceled for today - 9:04 am
- Ohio advises temporary pause for Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine… Impact on today’s scheduled clinic in Racine unknown - 8:18 am
- Snowville Creamery issues voluntary recall of whipping cream - 4:24 pm
HGTV’s Ford to deliver virtual commencement address at OU
ATHENS, Ohio — Leanne Ford, a 2003 Ohio University graduate, self-taught interior designer and co-host of Home Again with The Fords on HGTV, wil...
Court of Appeals issues rulings
POMEROY — The Fourth District Court of Appeals, which serves Meigs County, recently issued decisions in three Meigs County cases.Fourth District...
House GOP spending plan includes 2% personal income tax cut
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohioans would receive a 2% personal income tax cut and the state would fund schools in a more equitable fashion under the ...
Wahama HOF golf tourney set, deadline April 20
MASON, W.Va. — The 11th Wahama High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee Golf Tournament has been set for April 24 at the Riverside Golf Club ...
Ohio providers pause J&J vaccines as US reviews clot cases
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio providers including the nation’s largest traditional supermarket chain and some college campuses suspended usin...
Rams rally to take two from Rio
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Host Bluefield College pulled away late — twice — to sweep a doubleheader from the University of Rio Grande, Tuesda...
RedStorm cruises to sweep of Ohio Christian
CIRCLEVILLE, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande turned a pair of offensive explosions and two solid pitching performances into a mercy rule-sho...
Tuesday softball roundup
Roane County 18, Southern 3The Southern softball team suffered a second straight setback on its home field, falling to non-conference guest Roane Coun...
Tuesday box scores
SOFTBALLRoane County 18, Southern 3RCHS^719^10^—^18-19-1SHS^100^20^—^3-8-5WP: Mahailey Nicholson (5IP, 3R, 8H, 8K)LP: Emilee Barber (5IP, ...
Monday softball roundup
Point Pleasant 11, Meigs 2Back in a big way. The Lady Knights built an 11-run lead through four-and-a-half innings and eventually cruised to a season-...
Make up day for kindergarten registration
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis City Schools hosts a make-up drive-through registration day for kindergartners and their families from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.,...
Pomeroy Eagles scholarship applications
POMEROY — Four $750 scholarships will be awarded by the Pomeroy Eagles Club #2171 and the Eagles Auxiliary. The scholarships will be given to tw...
St. Peter’s Episcopal welcomes new Priest and new service times.
At Sunday services on Feb. 14, 2021, the congregation of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church (541 2nd Avenue, Gallipolis) welcomed the Rev. Joshua D Ne...
New Life Church of God welcomes pastor
The New Life Church of God at 576 State Route 7 North across from Quality Inn and Speedway in Kanauga has a new pastor.Rev. Ronald G. Heath has been a...
River Valley FFA competes in soils contest
This past year the FFA soils contest was virtual with local FFA members participating in the competition.The River Valley FFA members used the chrome ...
A Hunger for More: The only way to break the chains
It can be very disconcerting today when one looks about and sees how the principles and commandments and promises of God are not only set aside but ar...
God’s Kids Korner: The Domino Effect
You remember from our story last week about Thomas that Jesus appeared to the disciples several times after Easter. At first, the disciples were afrai...
Meigs Health Matters… April is ‘Defeat Diabetes Month’
Diabetes. Many around our area refer to this disease as ‘sugar’ or a ‘little bit of sugar’ and do not understand the severity ...
Search the Scriptures: True Christianity is never for sale
Some years back, when in college, I had a friend of the Charismatic persuasion kindly offer to teach me how to speak in tongues. He was quite sincere,...
‘The Deer of the Morning’
There is an interesting section of Scripture at Psalms 22, 23, and 24. These three form a trilogy concerning the shepherding roles of Jesus Christ. Ps...
Cross Words: Christ is still risen
There’s a beautiful story in Luke 24, shortly after the resurrection account, of some disciples walking with Jesus on the road to Emmaus. But th...