Updated trick-or-treat information
Case reported at Green Elementary … Latest statistics from Gallia, Mason, Meigs
Meigs hits 200 recovered mark … Latest statistics from Gallia, Mason, Meigs
Gallia County Trick or Treat change
Remembering Washington’s visit
- Ohio announces record $5 billion returned to employers - 9:10 am
- Case reported at Green Elementary … Latest statistics from Gallia, Mason, Meigs - 4:40 pm
- Ohio coronavirus spike continues to alarm - 3:10 pm
- ‘Fall-Free Fridays’ episode updates - 3:06 pm
- Washington in the Ohio Valley - 1:41 pm
- Assistance for Ohioans impacted by COVID-19 - 12:38 pm
- Hayman joins PVH Family Healthcare - 12:10 pm
- Rio’s ‘Veteran of the Year Award’ announced - 12:07 pm updated: 4:17 pm.
- Heating assistance available - 12:02 pm
- Gov. DeWine has been pleading for action on gun violence - 6:39 pm
- Along the trail - 6:36 pm
- Meigs hits 200 recovered mark … Latest statistics from Gallia, Mason, Meigs - 5:44 pm
- Ohio legislative board approves $420 million in pandemic aid - 3:44 pm
- Remembering Washington’s visit - 2:00 pm
- Limited COVID-19 assistance available for families - 5:50 pm updated: 5:53 pm.
- A ‘Herd Homecoming’ - 5:05 pm updated: 5:59 pm.
- Today in history - 4:56 pm
- Gallia Health Department reports two deaths, 41 cases in last 10 days… 10 cases reported in Meigs - 4:46 pm
- AG announces success of anti-human trafficking operation - 1:46 pm
- DeWine announces help for small businesses - 10:57 am
- Latest COVID-19 stats for Gallia, Mason, Meigs - 6:31 pm
- Preparing the park… Gallipolis In Lights moves forward - 6:19 pm
- Portsmouth attorney indicted on 18 felony counts in human trafficking case - 3:37 pm
- New horror anthology set in Gallia County - 3:19 pm
- Gallipolis company announces investment to meet demand - 3:00 pm
Gov. DeWine has been pleading for action on gun violence
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — As Gov. Mike DeWine uses his twice-weekly bully pulpit to detail Ohio’s fight against the coronavirus, the Republica...
Along the trail
The colors of fall are beginning to fade but not before putting on a show in the hills of Gallia County. Pictured at upper right, a hiker along the Ga...
Ohio legislative board approves $420 million in pandemic aid
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Small businesses, bars and restaurants, low-income renters, arts groups, and colleges and universities are among those eli...
Remembering Washington’s visit
LONG BOTTOM — A ceremony commemorating the 250th Anniversary of George Washington’s journey to the Ohio Valley and encampment on the bank ...
Limited COVID-19 assistance available for families
GALLIPOLIS — In response to the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19, the Gallia County Department of Job and Family Services will make assistance avai...
RSC moves XC championship to Rio Grande
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — The River States Conference was notified on Tuesday that Indiana University East will not be allowed to host the RSC Men̵...
Rio Grande sports briefs
Rio men earn 2nd place finishLOUISVILLE, Ky. — The University of Rio Grande men’s bowling team had a trio of Top 15 finishers and posted a...
Nine locals advance to regionals
LONDONDERRY, Ohio — A total of nine athletes from the Ohio Valley Publishing area qualified for regionals following the completion of the 2020 S...
Lady Vikings outlast GAHS for sectional title
McARTHUR, Ohio — Unfortunately, one team had to lose.The fifth-seeded Gallia Academy volleyball team battled fourth-seeded host Vinton County ba...
Black Knights win Section 1 title
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — It’s been a while.The Point Pleasant boys soccer team claimed back-to-back sectional titles for the first time sin...
Local Students named to Ohio University’s Summer 2020 Dean’s List
ATHENS — More than 200 students qualified for the summer semester 2020 Dean’s List at Ohio University, including main and regional campuse...
Banking Industry Program at Buckeye Hills Career Center
RIO GRANDE — Buckeye Hills Career Center, in partnership with several area banks, began a Banking Industry Program last year in order to provide...
Randolph’s celebrate anniversary
Gordon “Bud” and Evelyn Jean Randolph celebrated 55 years of marriage on Oct. 2, 2020.Bud is a native of Meigs County, born in Flora, Ohio...
TOPS works toward weight loss goals
The TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) group met recently for their weekly meeting. The TOPS and KOPS pledges were repeated by all members. Applause was ...
Holzer Heritage Foundation receives donation
GALLIPOLIS — In 1978, Holzer established the Heritage Foundation to support the mission of Holzer Health System to advance health services, prog...
God’s Kids Korner: Practice what you preach, Show Off!
Trick or Treat is today (Oct. 30), but I doubt any of you dressed up as a minister. (If you did, then let me know!) In the Bible, there were Jewish mi...
Meigs Health Matters… Celebrating Halloween during COVID-19
Many Meigs County villages are holding a traditional trick-or-treat this year on Oct. 29 in an effort to avoid the large crowds at events which are no...
Cross Words: We make it our aim to please Him
Last week, I wrote on 2 Corinthians 5:1-7 where the apostle Paul talks about our heavenly home. He ends the passage by saying, “For we walk by f...
There is a passage significant for you
Last week I related the time in August when I coded while I was in the hospital and not expected to live. God restored me to life through the quick wo...
God’s Kids Korner: Protestant Reformation Sunday
This week I’d like to teach you about something you may not have heard of before: The Protestant Reformation. It happened on October 31, 1517, w...
A Hunger for More: Only He can judge
You and I make decisions every day. In other words, you and I make judgments. We judge to do this thing or to do something else; to say this or to say...