Bringing home a fallen hero
4th of July plans announced
WWII soldier’s long journey home
‘The Ragged Old Flag’
U.S. 35 and the last mile… Final stretch of ‘35’ set to open in August
- Bringing home a fallen hero - 2:58 pm
- AAA7 works with Ohio National Guard on vaccine distribution - 2:40 pm
- 4th of July plans announced - 2:10 pm
- Guiding Hand Preschoolers recognized - 1:14 pm updated: 3:28 pm.
- County Commissioners approve contracts - 11:55 am
- OVB to open new branch in Point Pleasant - 11:51 am
- Paying respect to the fallen - 8:40 pm
- WWII soldier’s long journey home - 2:35 pm updated: 8:30 am.
- Quarantine creativity leads to small business - 12:57 pm
- Gallipolis pool reopens, updates hours - 12:30 pm
- History of Flag Day - 12:25 pm updated: 1:35 pm.
- ‘The Ragged Old Flag’ - 12:18 pm
- Livestock report - 12:14 pm
- Constellium boosts Southern athletics - 9:59 am
- Meigs receives Auditor of State Award - 9:00 pm updated: 10:14 am.
- ‘River Rec’ headliners… Confederate Railroad, Mikele Buck Band, Connor Christian - 5:09 pm
- Up on the roof - 4:51 pm
- Vocational School Board approves personnel - 3:51 pm
- Stephens, Edwards applaud approval of solar facility in Vinton Co. - 3:30 pm
- Gospel in the Park’s summer season - 2:25 pm
- PVH welcomes licensed professional clinical counselor - 5:50 pm
- Let freedom ring… Point’s ‘Liberty Fest’ returns July 4 - 5:28 pm
- OVB presents donation to Square One womens’ domestic violence shelter - 4:39 pm
- Honoring community service - 4:33 pm
- Banner applications being accepted - 4:05 pm
Gallipolis pool reopens, updates hours
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Municipal Swimming Pool has now been open for a week and will soon be changing the operating hours.After a delayed s...
History of Flag Day
Deeply embedded in our American mythos is the story of the seamstress Betsy Ross being commissioned by General George Washington to create a flag for ...
‘The Ragged Old Flag’
POMEROY, Ohio — A tattered American flag waved from the gazebo on the Pomeroy levee during the 2021 Memorial Day ceremonies, and Dan Arnold was ...
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The latest livestock report has been released by United Producers, Inc., 357 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis, Ohio, 740-446-9696.Dat...
Constellium boosts Southern athletics
Constellium recently made a donation to the Southern Local School District’s Athletic Department as part of a program to purchase AED’s fo...
Meigs receives Auditor of State Award
ROCKSPRINGS — The Meigs Local School District recently received the Auditor of State Award from the office of State Auditor Keith Faber for a cl...
Additional scenes from the AA meet
Some additional scenes from the 2021 WVSSAC Class AA track and field championships held Thursday and Friday at Laidley Field on the campus of the Univ...
Black Knights win AA title
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — There is something to be said when you are on top of the mountain in the Mountain State.The Point Pleasant boys captured the...
Lady Knights 4th in AA meet
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A record-setting day … even if it didn’t go perfect.The Point Pleasant girls came away with a program-best three...
17 locals named to district softball teams
A total of 17 girls from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were named to the 2021 all-district teams on behalf of the Ohio Southeast District Softball C...
Additional scenes from the Class A championships
Wahama senior Joshua Frye (510) sprints toward the finish line during the Class A 400m finals event on Wednesday night at Laidley Field in Charleston,...
Wahama impacts Class A championships
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The Class A state championships are complete, and Wahama certainly made an impact.The Lady Falcons claimed 13th overall, whi...
Rio Grande Elementary Honor Roll
Mrs. Julie Bays, principal of Rio Grande Elementary, announces the A and A/B Honor Rolls for the end of the 2020-21 school year.1st Grade – Home...
Green Elementary Honor Roll
Green Elementary Principal Mr. Corey A. Luce, announces the Honor Roll for the 2020-21 school year:First GradeAll A’s: Presley Angel, Eloise Bea...
Eastern High School honor roll
REEDSVILLE — Eastern High School has announced its fourth quarter honor roll for the 2020-21 school year.All “A” Honor Roll — ...
Graduates from masonry program recognized
RIO GRANDE — Buckeye Hills Career Center, in partnership with Lang Masonry, recently announced nine student graduates have completed the program...
RVHS releases honor rolls
River Valley High School recently released its honors rolls for the 4th quarter, second semester and year.4th Quarter Honor RollFreshman – Kynda...
God’s Kids Korner: Soccer goals, life, and the Bible
I bet a lot of you play soccer. It is a very popular sport all over the world and here locally for kids to play on teams in the spring and fall. The a...
Cross Words: Selecting songs for Sunday morning
The songs we sing on a Sunday morning influence what we believe about God. They communicate God’s Word. They preach. And because of this, we mus...
‘We all want to return to normal’
Kids fear some crazy things. I remember as a child being afraid of the green giant on the side of a box in my bedroom closet. That fear vanished as I ...
The ‘OVP COVID Update’ — the end of an era
This week marks a milestone in what has been a trying last 15 months for so many, including those of us in the world of local journalism.Friday, June ...
A Hunger for More: In both theory and practice
There is a difference between our culture’s idea of what it means to live life well and what the Bible says about it. For example, the Bible adm...
Don’t stay down with the downs
The perspective our lives is often seen in terms of ups and downs. Times are that we are “up” emotionally. Things are going well. We have ...