To unite the souls of America
Deputies search for work release walk off
Fatality claims man on Ohio 7
Spreading kindness one rock at a time
Giese to keynote Gallia Veterans Day
- Reported work release walk off in custody - 8:58 pm updated: 9:01 pm.
- Small Business Saturday returns Nov. 24 - 4:39 pm
- Gallia law enforcement to hold hat drive - 7:38 pm
- Wreaths project comes to Tyn Rhos Cemetery - 6:23 pm
- The ‘Fallout’ for Point Pleasant - 6:03 pm
- Sloane’s ‘The Visiteur Series’ opens - 5:27 pm
- For the record: Gallia residents receive indictments in Meigs - 5:08 pm
- ‘We Are…remembering’ - 9:12 pm
- Commissioners file opioid lawsuit - 8:37 pm
- Angell receives OSBAVB award - 5:42 pm
- Holzer to join Rose Parade float - 5:40 pm
- 12 sentenced in Gallia Common Pleas - 7:35 pm
- OVS tunes up for Christmas Show - 6:34 pm
- ‘Keep Your Fork’ tradition returns - 5:43 pm
- Honoring Gallia’s heroes - 7:01 pm
- Rio Symphonic Band to host patriotic concert - 5:38 pm
- Mason County’s annual holiday events set to return - 2:51 pm
- Spreading kindness one rock at a time - 6:29 pm
- Library adds adult Launchpads to collection - 6:13 pm
- Rio Campus honors Officer of Year - 6:12 pm
- A lesson on Veterans Day - 5:26 pm
- Schultz to keystone South Gallia Vets program - 8:19 pm
- Taking in local leaf peeping - 6:11 pm
- Supporters seek to name road after Polcyn family - 4:46 pm
- Gallia voters see GOP return to Statehouse - 3:59 pm
Angell receives OSBAVB award
COLUMBUS — Lynn Angell, a board member who has served the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District representing the Gallipolis Cit...
Holzer to join Rose Parade float
PASADENA, Calif. — This year, to show appreciation for the continued support Holzer shows Lifeline of Ohio through the organ, eye and tissue don...
12 sentenced in Gallia Common Pleas
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County Prosecuting Attorney, Jason D. Holdren, announces the recent sentencings of 12 individuals by Judge Margaret Evans in...
OVS tunes up for Christmas Show
GALLIPOLIS — Baby, It’s Cold Outside is not just a weather advisory, it’s one of the songs The Ohio Valley Symphony will play on the...
‘Keep Your Fork’ tradition returns
OHIO VALLEY — A post-Thanksgiving tradition in the Ohio Valley, the 17th annual Keep Your Fork 5K road race, will take place the Saturday after ...
Honoring Gallia’s heroes
Pictured is Ohio Speaker of the House Ryan Smith who served as Saturday’s keynote speaker during a Tribute to Veterans at Walmart in Gallipolis....
Bobcats beat down Buffalo, 52-17
ATHENS, Ohio — After giving teams the horns all season, Buffalo planed on wrapping up the Mid-American Conference East Division title on Wednesd...
No. 8 Knights too much for Rio men
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Wes Stowers had a game-high 22 points and seven assists to lead Marian University in a 92-64 win over the University of Rio...
RedStorm women rally, bounce Bears
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — After a trio of comfortable wins to begin the season, University of Rio Grande women’s basketball head coach David Smal...
District 13 D-4 team released
A total of 12 people — 11 players and one coach — were named to the Division IV All-District 13 volleyball teams, as selected by the coach...
Rio men’s soccer dominates All-RSC team
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande swept all individual honors, while having eight players recognized on the 2018 All-River States ...
Rio’s Davis claims pair of POY awards
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — University of Rio Grande sophomore forward Payten Davis collected two big pieces of hardware on Saturday after being named th...
OVB to host vets lunch
GALLIPOLIS — November is a time to not only give thanks, but to also honor the veterans who sacrificed everything in order for us to enjoy the f...
GAHS Honor Roll
CENTENARY — Gallia Academy High School Principal Josh Donley recognizes the following students for achieving honor roll for the first nine weeks...
Third graders receive gift from Elks #107
Washington Elementary third graders recently received a gift from the Elks Youth Program of the Elks Lodge #107.Every student in third grade received ...
OVB unveils Buckeye Hills debit card
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Ohio Valley Bank recently unveiled a new debit card design as part of its Community First debit card program. The Buckeye Hil...
Be the first to know: Online COLA notices
We are constantly expanding our online services to give you freedom and control when doing business with us. Our new online cost-of-living adjustment ...
I want to say to you, ‘I’m sorry’
I started writing weekly articles and submitting them in August of 1998. During this stretch of time, I have been mindful to give timely shout-outs to...
Teen testimony: Seek your Shepherd above all else
Decisions can be daunting. As I get older, I find myself facing more and more decisions. Knowing my decisions lay the foundation for my future, I ofte...
A Hunger for More: Be thankful for God’s blessings
Thanksgiving is the day we officially set aside to reflect on our blessings, and the Friday after officially marks the start of the Christmas season. ...
God’s Kids Korner: Just have faith
In Mark 13: 1-8, Jesus and His disciples are leaving the Temple area when one of them remarks what a beautiful and magnificent building the Temple is ...
Letter to the Editor: Reader concerned about renaming road
Dear Editor,I am Nick Smith, resident of Johnson Ridge. Shannon Polcyn asked me to sign the petition for the name change for Johnson Ridge to Polcyn R...
A veteran suicide and one mother’s story
From her second-floor San Francisco apartment where she and her husband, Cliff, were spending a typical Friday evening relaxing, eating pizza, and wat...