History Connection, EPA discuss Middleport project
Former teacher sentenced for sexual battery
City Commission hears sinkhole concerns
Hoop Project looks for slam dunk
Summer renovation season: Gallipolis Railroad Freight Station Museum plans
- County, schools discuss social work needs - 8:31 pm
- Neither snow nor rain - 5:14 pm
- Rio Bunce School of Education earns CAEP accreditation - 4:56 pm
- Sheriff’s office arrests one in B and E investigation - 3:45 pm
- Coaches needed for falls management program - 3:17 pm
- RVMS student presents in DC - 7:58 pm
- Overdose rapid response team to organize - 7:45 pm updated: 2:03 pm.
- Deputy engages in pursuit - 6:52 pm
- June indictments released - 5:09 pm
- Summer crisis program to begin - 3:48 pm
- OHIO Innovation Center reports unprecedented job growth, new economic impact for 2017 - 3:38 pm
- City discusses sinkhole solution hopes - 9:32 pm
- Hot Summer Nights welcomes New Jasper Station - 8:38 pm
- OVB development moves forward - 6:01 pm
- Grant available to serve homeless vets - 4:48 pm
- No concerns regarding Hepatitis A outbreak locally - 8:18 pm
- OVS gears for new season - 6:29 pm
- Upcoming Events in Gallia - 5:40 pm
- Bass tourney returns on Ohio - 5:31 pm
- Belle of Cincinnati to return - 8:51 am
- Ohio Historical Marker grants available in 18 counties - 8:50 am
- Celebrating Father’s Day - 8:23 pm
- One step at a time - 2:52 pm
- MHS recognized by U.S. News and World Report - 11:33 am
- Two arrested in trailer investigation - 7:51 pm
Summer crisis program to begin
OHIO VALLEY — Gallia Meigs Community Action Agency has received the 2018 Emergency Summer Crisis Program grant for cooling assistance to low inc...
OHIO Innovation Center reports unprecedented job growth, new economic impact for 2017
ATHENS — Ohio University’s Innovation Center supported 269 jobs that generated an estimated $9.9 million in employee compensation in Athen...
City discusses sinkhole solution hopes
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis City Commission gathered for a semiregular meeting Tuesday evening where ongoing concerns with sinkholes were discussed ...
Hot Summer Nights welcomes New Jasper Station
GALLIPOLIS — Appearing third in the series of the Hot Summer Nights concert series this Thursday evening in the pavilion at the French Art Colon...
OVB development moves forward
GALLIPOLIS — Recently Ohio Valley Bank representatives and local engineer Randy Breech met with the Gallipolis Historic Preservation Review Boar...
Grant available to serve homeless vets
WASHINGTON COUNTY — Morgan Community Action was awarded a grant from the Veterans Administration for the Supportive Services for Veteran Familie...
Rio Grande places 29 on RSC Scholar-Athlete list for Spring ‘18
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio – The River States Conference has announced that 266 student-athletes at its 13 member institutions - including 29 from the Uni...
Wright inducted into SE District baseball HOF
Gallia Academy assistant baseball coach Jason Wright was inducted into the Ohio Southeast District Baseball Coaches Associaton Hall of Fame on Monday,...
Ohio wins BACF football classic, 47-13
ST. MARYS, W. Va. — Despite a team setback, a final game under the lights proved huge for one Big Blacks player.Recent Point Pleasant graduate A...
Byus plays part in South sweep
BUFFALO, W. Va. — A final day in the sun as a Lady Knight.Recent Point Pleasant graduate Kelsie Byus had one final opportunity to take to the di...
Post 39 knocks off Nitro, 12-4
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The Rangers are rolling.The Post 39 baseball team won its fourth game in five chances on Thursday at Meigs High School, as t...
Ladies Auxiliary installs new officers
The American Legion Ladies Auxiliary Unit 27 recently installed new officers for the 2019-2020 season. From left to right are Jeannie Beaver, chaplain...
Phillips 111th Reunion
GALLIA COUNTY — On Sunday, June 3, 2017, Dale Lamphier, widower of Betty Jean Phillips Lamphier, hosted the 111th reunion of the descendants of ...
Bidwell — Robert Casto and Kathy Roberts were married June 19 by Rev. Calvin Minnis. Kathy is the daughter of Ray and Jean Roberts and Joanne Wi...
Holzer walks with a doc
GALLIPOLIS — Holzer will host the Walk with a Doc walking program on Saturday, June 16, 11 a.m. at the Holzer Therapy and Wellness Center, locat...
Local men attend national conference: Russell gives closing remarks
DALLAS, Texas — Two local men recently attended a national convention in Dallas, Texas for Asirvia Business Solutions, with one speaking at the ...
Steve Evans Country Sausage joins Andretti Autosport Short Track
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Andretti Autosport Short Track announces its newest primary associate partner for the 2018 Sprint Car racing season.Steve E...
Teen testimony: Made to really know God
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” (Gen. 1:27 KJV).God is a trinit...
Search the Scriptures: A World of Neighbors
“Who is My Neighbor?”The question comes to us from Luke 10:29. A lawyer of the Jews, approaching Jesus, had asked the Lord what he needed ...
When a brick is not just a brick
Reading about Middleport residents’ concerns over keeping some semblance of brick street paving in their community (Sarah Hawley, “History...
OU creates opportunities, economic growth for Ohioans
The results of a new economic impact study demonstrate Ohio University’s significant positive impact on the state, region and Athens community.W...
A man should manifest a steady, spiritual leadership in the family
So, here we go, men. The Father’s Day recognition approaches. As far as being a father goes, the Word of God indicates that much is expected of ...
Search the Scriptures: The prayer of Jonah
In the Bible, the second chapter of Jonah is worthy of study and consideration. It is entirely given to a recording of Jonah’s heartfelt prayer,...