Brandon M. Smith, 19, Gallipolis, previously pled guilty to two counts of burglary and one count of breaking and entering and was sentenced to community control.
Smith was found guilty of community control violations and sentenced to a total of four years and 11 months to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections.
Margaret Howell, 39, Gallipolis, previously pled guilty to forgery, identity fraud and theft in two separate cases and was sentenced to community control. Howell was found guilty in the Gallia County Court of Common Pleas for violating her community control and was sentenced to the Ohio Reformatory for Women for a total of 33 months.
Other cases resolved were:
• The case against James J. Ferguson, Gallipolis Ferry, W.Va., who was indicted for passing bad checks was dismissed at the request of the State.
• Michael Arrowood, 46, Oak Hill, pled guilty to attempted possession of drugs and was fined $1,000 plus court costs.
• The case against Regnel Flemings, 29, Gallipolis, who was indicted on two counts of forgery was dismissed under the condition that Flemings pay restitution prior to the May session of the Gallia County Grand Jury or the case would be reconsidered.
• The case against Kenneth Cordell, 37, Gallipolis, who was indicted for possession of drugs was dismissed at the request of the State. Cordell is already serving a four year prison sentence on another charge.
• Nancy E. Jagers, 38, Jackson, who was indicted for deception to obtain a dangerous drug, was dismissed at the request of the State but will be refiled at a later date.