RIO GRANDE — The Board of Education of the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District held their regular Meeting on August 8, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the Buckeye Hills Career Center campus.
During regular session —
In the Adult Center Division, the board:
● Approved the following Adult Center budget: Practical Nursing.
● Awarded part-time hourly contracts to the following: Rodney Alderman, Lorna Atkins, Jim Collins, Roger Deardorff, Diana Devlin, Barbara Donnally, Ralph Fellure, Sherry Forshey, Christopher Gill, Nathan Harvey, Nan Heiskell, Tim Henderson, Matthew Kight, James McManus Jr., James Oiler, Laura Paul, David Redecker, Rick Smith, Amanda Strickland, Etta Wallace, Wallace Workman.
● Approved the following Adult Center Substitute: Jerry Shook.
● Approved a Memorandum of Agreement with the Athens County Department of Job and Family Services to provide ABLE services for the 2012-2013 school year.
● Approved Adult Center handbooks.
● Accepted Grant Wilcoxon’s resignation, effective August 1, 2012.
In Personnel Matters, the board:
● Approved classification changes for the following: Robin Baird, Brandon Potter, Steve Young.
● Approved part-time contracts for the following: Richard Eubanks, Roy Jones.
● Approved a casual, part-time contract for Carla Swisher as the Alternative School Aide for the 2012-2013 school year.
● Authorized the Superintendent to employ any necessary staff and submit those individuals to the Board of Education at their regular September meeting.
● Employed work study workers.
● Approved Leesa Lewis’ resignation of five days extended time from her teaching contract.
In other matters, the board:
● Approved the following to supply lunchroom products for the 2012-2013 school year: United Dairy (dairy products) and Heiner’s Bakery, Inc. (bread products).
● Set the tuition rate for the 2012-2013 school year.
● Appointed the Ohio University School of Osteopathic Medicine and the Holzer Clinic Sycamore Branch of Occupational Health and Sports Medicine to conduct bus/van driver physical exams for the District for the 2012-2013 school year.
● Granted permission to enter into an agreement with the Southeastern Ohio Voluntary Educational Cooperative for the provision of basic services, capital improvements, fiscal software, EMIS service and SIMS service for the 2012-2013 school year.
● Approved the Buckeye Hills Career Center student and teacher handbooks for the 2012-2013 school year.
● Adopted textbooks.
● Approved a Resolution to submit a revised JVS Plan to the State Board of Education to request that Gallia County Local School District stagger the terms of their representatives on the JVSD Board of Education.