GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) announced its weekend hours in a press release issued on Friday afternoon.
On Saturday and Sunday, July 7-8, the EOC will be closed and water will be available on an emergency basis only. Individuals can contact the Gallia County 911 Center at (740) 446-0068, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to receive information in regard to water.
The following information was also included in the press release:
• The EOC may be opened again should the need occur.
• The spoiled food dumpster at the Gallipolis Maintenance Garage has been removed.
• Individuals who have experienced major damage to their homes or commercial buildings, and have not already done so, are encouraged to contact the Gallia County EOC at 446-0068 on Monday so that an assessment may be conducted. Once a county-wide assessment is complete, the EOC may apply to the state and federal governments for assistance if it is offered. This is a very important step in the process of obtaining assistance or reimbursement. There is no local assistance available from the EOC.
• At this time, there is no assistance or food vouchers available to replace lost food. Individuals should contact their homeowners’ insurance company if available. However, the EOC is recommending that all receipts be kept in case some assistance does become available.
• Please monitor the Gallia County Emergency Management, Gallia County Sheriff’s Department and Gallipolis Police Department’s Facebook pages for continuing updates. Nixle is also being used to provide urgent updates to the public. To sign up for Nixle alerts on your cell phone and/or email please visit www.nixle.com and follow the step by step directions on the site. Routine updates will also be provided to local news media on a regular basis.