Wahama White Falcons (1-1, 0-1) at Southern Tornadoes (1-1)
Last Week: Wahama lost to Waterford 34-0 in Mason; Southern lost to Frontier 30-20 in Racine
Last meeting between the teams: September 12, 2014. Wahama won 30-14 in Mason.
Current head-to-head streak: Wahama has won 11 straight (11-0 since 2000).
WHS Offense Last Week: 43 rushing yards, 127 passing yards.
SHS Offense Last Week: 67 rushing yards, 194 passing yards.
WHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: QB Kaileb Sheets 6-of-11 passing 124 yards, 2TDs, INT; RB Kaileb Sheets 18 carries 110 yards, TD; WR Garrett Miller 3 catches, 63 yards.
SHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: QB Blake Johnson 15-29, 162 yards, TD, INT; RB Blake Johnson 13 carries, 43 yards, TD; WR Dylan Smith 6 receptions, 94 yards, TD.
WHS Defense Last Week: 191 rushing yards, 156 passing yards.
SHS Defense Last Week: 274 rushing yards, 80 passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. Both Wahama and Southern will be looking to get back on track after tough Week 2 losses. The last time both teams lost the week before meeting was 2001. Wahama topped Southern 26-0 in that Week 5 contest.
2. Wahama’s last trip to Roger Lee Adams Memorial Football Field resulted in a 28-14 White Falcons victory. This was also Ed Cromley’s final game as WHS head football coach.
3. Southern, which is now done with non-league games, finished 1-1 outside the TVC Hocking for the second consecutive year. The White Falcons currently sit at 1-0 in non-conference games with a Week 11 matchup with Buffalo as Wahama’s other non-league game.
4. The Tornadoes haven’t lost multiple home games in a season since 2012 when they were 2-3 in Racine.
5. The White Falcons’ shutout loss last week was the first time they have failed to score in a game at Bachtel Stadium in over 10 seasons. Wahama’s only other shutout loss as a member of the TVC Hocking was at Trimble last season.
Point Pleasant Big Blacks (2-0) at Wayne Pioneers (1-1)
Last Week: Point Pleasant defeated Ripley 64-6 in Point Pleasant; Wayne defeated Sissonville 49-20 in Wayne.
Last Meeting: September 12, 2014. Point Pleasant won 38-14 in Point Pleasant.
Current head-to-head streak: Point Pleasant has won 1 straight.
PPHS Offense Last Week: 334 rushing yards, 82 passing yards.
WHS Offense Last Week: 242 rushing yards, 109 passing yards.
PPHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: QB Carson Payne 3-6, 60 yards, TD; RB Cody Mitchell 12 carries, 148 yards, 3TDs; WR Sheb Harris 1 reception, 34 yards, TD.
WHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: QB Jeremiah Milum 7-9, 109 yards, 2TDs; RB Cody Stiltner 11 carries, 117 yards, 2TDs; WR Tucker Watts 1 reception, 47 yards, TD.
PPHS Defense Last Week: 45 rushing yards, 105 passing yards.
WHS Defense Last Week: 202 rushing yards, 42 passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. Point Pleasant — which holds West Virginia’s longest regular season winning streak at 25 — earned the top spot by knocking off Wayne last season. WHS had won 27 straight.
2. The last time the Big Blacks invaded Pioneer Field was October 1, 2010. Point Pleasant defeated the Pioneers 13-8.
3. This is a rematch of the 2011 Class AA state title where Wayne avenged a regular season loss to the Big Blacks with a 34-7 victory. That was PPHS’s lone loss in 2011 and the only time the Big Blacks failed to score double-digits.
4. This is Wayne’s final home game until October 9, when the Pioneers host Scott. PPHS will not be home until October 9, when Oak Hill visits OVB Track and Field.
5. The Big Blacks were less than a minute away from a shutout last week, surrendering a long touchdown with 57 seconds remaining. PPHS earned four shutouts last season.
Hannan Wildcats (0-1) at Green Bobcats (0-2)
Last Game: Hannan lost to Montcalm 50-12 in Ashton; Green lost to Millersport 50-0 in Millersport.
Last Meeting: September 12th 2014. Green won 30-24 in Ashton.
Current head-to-head streak: Green has won 4 straight.
GHS Offense Last Week: N/A.
HHS Offense Last Game: 136 rushing yards, 0 passing yards.
GHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: N/A
HHS Offensive Leaders Last Game: RB Stephan Berry 13 carries, 89 yards, TD.
GHS Defense Last Week: 300 rushing yards, 54 passing yards.
HHS Defense Last Game: 279 rushing yards, 16 passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. Hannan is coming off its first bye week of 2015. HHS has two more open dates this season — they are Week 5 and Week 11.
2. The last time Hannan visited Franklin Furnace was September 9, 2011. The Bobcats claimed a 26-8 victory.
3. Dating back to last season, Green has allowed 50 or more points in four straight games.
4. The Bobcats swept Hannan in the three game series between 2009 and 2011 outscoring the Wildcats by 27.7 points per game.
5. This is the first of four straight games against Ohio teams for Hannan. Hannan hasn’t defeated a Buckeye state opponent since October 7, 2013, when the Wildcats defeated Manchester in Ashton. HHS hasn’t won a game in Ohio since before 2001.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU