Wahama White Falcons (0-1) at Waterford Wildcats (1-0, 1-0)
Last Week: Wahama lost to Ravenswood 27-6 in Ravenswood; Waterford defeated Miller 26-18 2OT in Hemlock.
Last Meeting between the teams: September 27 2013, Wahama won 54-6 at Mason.
Current head-to-head streak: Wahama has won 6 straight.
Wahama Offense Last Week: 123 rushing yards, 91 passing yards.
Waterford Offense Last Week: N/A rushing yards, N/A passing yards.
Wahama Offensive Leaders Last Week: QB Kaileb Sheets 4-of-8 91 yards; RB Demitrius 15 carries, 130 yards; WR Jared Nutter 3 catches 62 yards.
Waterford Offensive Leaders Last Week: N/A
Wahama Defense Last Week: 221 rushing yards, 153 passing yards.
Waterford Defense Last Week: N/A rushing yards, N/A passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. Last Week the White Falcons suffered their first regular season non-conference loss since falling to Athens in week nine of the 2009 season.
2. Waterford last defeated Wahama in the 2006 season opener in Washington County by a count of 12-0. The White Falcons have outscored the Wildcats 268-to-83 in the six meetings since then.
3. The 2006 season was the last time Wahama lost its season opener as well as the second game of the season.
4. Wahama hasn’t lost back-to-back road games since dropping three straight away from Bachtel Stadium in the 2008 season.
5. Junior quarterback Kaileb Sheets scored Wahama’s lone touchdown last week on a 15-yard run in the first quarter, which gave the Red and White a 6-0 lead.
Point Pleasant Big Blacks (1-0) at Ripley Vikings (0-1)
Last Week: Point Pleasant defeated Lincoln County 54-0 in Hamlin; Ripley lost Parkersburg South 35-27 in Parkersburg.
Last Meeting between teams: September 6, 2013 Point Pleasant won 63-7 at PPHS.
Current head-to-head streak: Point Pleasant has won one straight.
RHS Offense Last Week: N/A rushing yards, N/A yards passing.
PPHS Offense Last Week: 326 rushing yards, 119 passing yards.
RHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: N/A.
PPHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: QB Aden Yates 5-of-7, 119 yards, 2TDs; RB Cody Mitchell 12 carries 136 yards 3TDs; WR Gage Buskirk 2 catches 79 yards, TD.
RHS Defense Last Week: N/A rushing yards, N/A passing yards.
PPHS Defense Last Week: 115 rushing yards, 46 passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. The Big Blacks will be looking for their 16th straight regular season win Friday night when they travel to Ripley in the battle for the Oaken Bucket.
2. Last season’s 63-7 PPHS marked the Big Blacks first win over the Vikings since 2004, but PPHS holds a 49-23-1 alltime record against the Jackson County foes.
3. Point Pleasant posted 452 rushing yards on 49 attempts during last season’s win over RHS at Ohio Valley Bank Track and Field.
4. PPHS has won four straight games over Jackson County opponents, dating back to a 2010 loss at Ravenswood by a 27-24 margin.
5. Ripley is 2-9 since head coach David Tennant took over at the beginning of last season.
Hannan Wildcats (0-1) at South Floyd Raiders (0-2)
Last Week: Hannan lost Pike Eastern 39-14 in Ashton; South Floyd lost Pineville 28-0 in Hi Hat.
Last Meeting: None since 2004.
Current head-to-head streak: N/A.
HHS Offense Last Week: 47 rushing yards, 50 passing yards.
SFHS Offense Last Week: N/A rushing yards, N/A passing yards.
HHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: QB Adam Wilson 1-of-5, 36 yards, 2INTs; RB Chad Withers 4 carries, 36 yards; WR Jared Lunsford 1 catch, 36 yards.
SFHS Offensive Leaders Last Week: N/A.
HHS Defense Last Week: 152 rushing yards, 175 passing yards.
SFHS Defense Last Week: N/A rushing yards, N/A passing yards.
Five things to note:
1. Both Hannan and South Floyd will look to bounce back after losing by four scores last week.
2. In South Floyd’s two games this season the Raiders have been outscored by an average of 23.5 points.
3. Hannan has won its last three week 2 games, defeating Hundred each time.
4. Wildcat fans looking to make the trip will want to leave early, as 132 miles separate the two schools with an estimated drive time of 2:30.
5. Hannan’s last trip to the Bluegrass State resulted in a 69-22 loss to host Betsy Lane on October 12, 2012.
Complete Week 1 statistics were not made available by presstime.