MASON COUNTY — One of the biggest industries in Mason County is tourism.
From the Mothman Festival to the return of the Dragon Boat Festival and American Queen, this year’s tourism schedule, just released by the Mason County Convention and Visitors Bureau, offers something for everyone.
This year’s schedule begins in March with events scheduled through December. The following is a listing of events for each month.
- March — Starting off the tourism year is the Mason County Tourism Pageant on March 29, the first for the area.
- April — Shanty Boat Night at the Point Pleasant River Museum on April 11.
- May — Antique Gas Engine Show at the West Virginia State Farm Museum on May 3-4. Siege of Fort Randolph at Fort Randolph at Krodel Park on May 16 and 17. The AMVETS Memorial Day Parade starts at 1 p.m., May 24 on Main Street in Point Pleasant.
- June — Brigade of the American Revolution at Fort Randolph June 6-8. Antique Tractor Pull at the West Virginia State Farm Museum on June 7. Bend Area C.A.R.E./Budweiser Catfish Tournament, Mason, on June 7. Point Pleasant Sternhweel Regatta is June 26-28.
- July — The American Queen docks at Riverfront Park from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 1. The July 4 parades in the towns of New Haven and Mason will be July 4. Liberty Saturday will be July 5. The American Queen docks at Riverfront Park from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 7. The annual Point Pleasant River Museum Car/Bike Show is July 12. The River Museum’s Annual Belle of Cincinnati Dinner Cruise at Riverfront Park is July 28.
- August - Mason County Fair Parade on Main Street in Point Pleasant is Aug. 2. Critter Dinner at Fort Randolph is Aug. 2. The Mason County Fair is Aug. 4-9. Tractor Pull at the Mason County Fairgrounds is Aug. 5. Tribute to the River at Riverfront Park is Aug. 29-30.
- September — Antique Tractor Pull at the West Virginia State Farm Museum is Sept. 6. Longhunters and Landgrabbers at Fort Randolph on Sept. 6. Mothman Festival Pageants at Riverfront Park on Sept. 19. Mothman Festival, Sept. 20-21. Mothman Festival Hayrides at West Virginia State Farm Museum on Sept. 20. Bend Area C.A.R.E. Fall Catfish Tournament, Mason, is Sept. 20. Dragon Boat Festival at Krodel Park Lake, Sept. 27.
- October — Battle Days at Tu-Endie-Wei State Park and Main Street, Point Pleasant, Oct. 3-5. Battle Day Parade on Main Street is Oct. 4. Country Fall Festival at West Virginia State Farm Museum is Oct. 4-5. Harvest Fest/Haunted Fort/Hog Roast/Ladies Tea at Fort Randolph is Oct. 18.
- November — Antique Tractor Pull at West Virginia State Farm Museum on Nov. 1. AMVETS Veterans Day Parade on Main Street Point Pleasant at 1 p.m. followed by Celebration of Freedom on Nov. 8. Christmas Fantasy Light Show at Krodel Park, nightly, to be announced.
- December — Christmas Fantasy Light Show at Krodel Park, nightly, to be announced. Point Pleasant Christmas Parade on Main Street, Dec. 5. Christmas on the Frontier at Fort Randolph, Dec. 6. Christmas parade through New Haven and Mason, Dec. 6. Christmas Light Show and drive-thru at West Virginia State Farm Museum, nightly, Dec. 12-21.