RIO GRANDE — The Board of Education of the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District held their regular meeting July 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the Buckeye Hills Career Center campus.
During the regular session
In the Adult Division, the Board:
· Awarded part-time, hourly contracts for Joshua Davies, Roger Deardorff, Nathan Harvey, Matthew Kight, Jason Montgomery, Jamie Pruitt, David Redecker, Rick Smith, Scott Trussell, Theresa Womeldorf, and Andrea Yearego.
In personnel batters, the board:
· Approved a change in classification for Ellen McCabe and Jason Stout.
· Granted a Limited Supplemental Contract for Jason Stout.
· Employed Duane Bing as Building Trades Instructor.
· Employed Charles Bush as a substitute teacher for the 2015-2016 school year.
· Employed Jennifer Littlejohn as a substitute educational aide for the 2015-2016 school year.
In other matters, the board:
· Granted permission to pay dues for District membership with the Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools for 2015-2016.
· Approved Board Policies IGCH (also LEC) and IGCH-R (also LEC-R) College Credit Plus and IJA Career Advising with their Second Readings.
· Adopted the Calamity Day Alternative Make-up Plan for the 2015-2016 school year.
· Approved the 2015-2016 lunch program prices.
· Adopted textbooks.
· Authorized the Superintendent to accept resignations that may be submitted prior to the regular August Board meeting.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU