Providing for neighbors
Rio College levy to potentially return
Sheriff’s office investigating two deaths
Wildcats outlast South Gallia, 53-44
Final suspect in Rothgeb case sentenced
- Update on man injured in farm equipment accident - 8:30 pm
- Officers, court officials selected for program - 7:09 pm updated: 7:11 pm.
- Cub Scouts collecting for dog shelter - 6:44 pm
- South Gallia teacher charged with sexual battery - 4:06 pm updated: 5:18 pm.
- NAACP honors MLK Day - 9:09 pm
- County schools online with green energy - 8:08 pm
- Don’t put your shovels away, yet - 8:04 pm
- Winter lineup of Gallia County events - 8:01 pm
- Rio to host Title IX training summit - 6:54 pm
- Accessing the past in print: Bossard to offer digital newspapers online - 2:14 pm updated: 5:33 pm.
- Seeking leadership, GIB may not compete - 2:11 pm updated: 5:18 pm.
- Weather may delay delivery - 11:40 am
- Airport hangar tenants push further lease discussion - 9:30 pm
- Girl Scout cookies coming - 6:01 pm
- Gallia Local Schools on AP District Honor Roll - 5:36 pm
- Farm Bureau program pays off - 5:32 pm
- Gallia Local welcomes new members - 5:29 pm
- A look at influenza in Gallia - 7:06 pm
- Hoover to serve as presiding judge - 4:37 pm
- Two sentenced to prison for complicity - 8:33 pm
- Roundabout canceled in Rio Grande - 7:11 pm
- Gulls return to the Ohio Valley - 6:03 pm
- Upcoming Ariel schedule announced - 10:01 pm
- Understanding snow emergency classifications - 10:00 pm
- Firewood ministry reaches families in Gallia, Meigs - 8:17 pm
Accessing the past in print: Bossard to offer digital newspapers online
OHIO VALLEY — Bossard Memorial Library in Gallipolis has stepped even further into the digital age by offering a convenient look at the past for...
Seeking leadership, GIB may not compete
GALLIPOLIS — As spring approaches, Gallipolis in Bloom is seeking new leadership for the coming growing season.According to Gallipolis in Bloom ...
Weather may delay delivery
OHIO VALLEY — Due to inclement weather, delivery of your Sunday Times-Sentinel may be delayed today. We ask for your patience as carriers work t...
Airport hangar tenants push further lease discussion
GALLIPOLIS — Representatives of airport hangar tenants concerned with a lease created by the Gallia Commissioners asked commissioners to conside...
Girl Scout cookies coming
GALLIA COUNTY — Area Girl Scouts are once again on the march in one of their most iconic and historic events this Saturday, cookie sales.Accordi...
Gallia Local Schools on AP District Honor Roll
GALLIA COUNTY — Gallia County Local School District has been honored by the National Advanced Placement College Board. The district was recently...
OVP varsity games for Monday, Jan. 15
Due to the inclement weather, a handful of varsity sporting contests were postponed in the Ohio Valley Publishing area for Monday, Jan. 15.Here is loo...
RedStorm women extend win streak
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The University of Rio Grande shook off a slow start, hammering West Virginia University-Tech over the middle two quarters an...
Rio softball tops RSC preseason coaches’ poll
NEW ALBANY, Ind. — The University of Rio Grande is predicted as the favorite in the 2018 River States Conference Softball Preseason Coaches̵...
Snowy owls invading Ohio
Keep your eyes open for snowy owls.Although they are rare visitors to our part of the country, the snowy owl population is in the midst of an irruptio...
Lady Rockets top River Valley, 71-38
BIDWELL, Ohio – Turnovers and a barrage of three-pointers by the opposition pillaged the Lady Raiders.The River Valley girls basketball team com...
Holzer recognizes December Pediatric Sponsors
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations. The Pediatric Fund, in existence for over 45 ye...
PVH’s Employee of the Year named
POINT PLEASANT — Pleasant Valley Hospital announces the Customer Service Employee of the Year for 2017 is Brittany Hollingshead.Hollingshead wor...
Washington family art night
Washington Elementary teamed up with the Artisan Shoppe & Studio to hold a “Cookie & Canvas” Family Art Night on Dec. 4. The eveni...
Workmans’ 90th birthdays
Dale and Hazel Workman celebrated their 90th birthdays with a surprise party Dec. 10 hosted by their daughter Linda and granddaughter Kelly. They rece...
Farmers Bank donates to Serenity House
Farmers Bank of Gallipolis employees raised approximately $900 for Serenity House as well as numerous household items. Pictured from left are Brittany...
When life is slower than Moses
I had the inclination to read in Deuteronomy this morning—not my first choice. Hey, I’m just being honest. The Apostle Paul is usually mor...
Hearing and receiving
Do you ever feel like your voice can’t be heard? If you’re a parent then it is a foregone conclusion: you DO feel that way at times. ̶...
God’s Kids Korner : God’s Creation
The first book of the Bible is Genesis. It starts out by saying, “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” So who made ev...
Sometimes we need to be assured God is ‘under-girding’ us
We often view our lives in terms of ups and downs. Times are that we are “up” emotionally. Things are going well. We have a bright-minded ...
The word of God
The word of God is living and powerful, for it is communicated from the mind of God and carries the weight of His divine wisdom, foresight and power. ...
Animal totem guidance
My friend met me at the door, holding her grand baby with one hand and a leash in the other, at the end of which was a huge dog. “Come on in. Vo...