Honoring Peace Officers
Providing ‘Safe Harbor’: Not all therapy is indoors
Catfish anglers descend on Ohio, Kanawha rivers
Tea for Mom
Leos celebrate inaugural year
- Rio President resigns - 5:29 pm
- Saying goodbye to River Valley - 2:05 am updated: 5:24 pm.
- Man dies in motorcycle crash - 11:41 pm updated: 11:32 pm.
- County seeks airport improvement amid FAA questions - 10:43 pm
- National Emergency Medical Services Week - 7:24 pm
- Remembering those who served - 7:22 pm
- Teen dies in traffic fatality - 3:22 pm updated: 8:41 pm.
- Area Memorial Day Weekend events set - 8:15 pm
- Man faces felony child endangerment - 8:13 pm
- Econ. Dev. office receives LEAP grant - 8:00 pm
- Picking up the mail and a meal - 4:58 pm
- Outdoor Skills Day set - 7:45 pm
- Gallia-Meigs CAA awarded funds for emergency program - 6:55 pm
- Wetterstroem to keynote Memorial Day - 6:12 pm
- Rio president finalist for Georgian college presidency - 9:38 pm
- Health dept., STAND releases Gallia smoking stats - 9:19 pm updated: 3:48 pm.
- Sunshine and spades in Gallipolis - 7:03 pm
- Earning their degrees - 6:53 pm
- Earning their degrees - 6:51 pm
- Newspaper carriers needed, sign-on bonuses offered - 6:27 pm updated: 6:28 pm.
- ODNR issues deer season, 2018-19 - 4:58 pm
- 138 become GAHS Alumni - 8:19 pm
- The old west in Gallia - 4:36 pm
- SGHS students complete ‘53 John Deer - 4:02 pm
- GVFD acquires thermal imaging cameras - 7:34 pm
Econ. Dev. office receives LEAP grant
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Economic Development Office was recently awarded with AEP Ohio’s LEAP grant in the hopes of spurring econom...
Picking up the mail and a meal
GALLIPOLIS — Mail carriers across Gallia County recently helped collect food for the hungry during their Letter Carrier’s Food Drive, mark...
Outdoor Skills Day set
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County Soil and Water Conservation District is set to host an Outdoor Skills Day June 9 from 9 a.m. until noon.“We hav...
Gallia-Meigs CAA awarded funds for emergency program
OHIO VALLEY — Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency has been chosen to receive federal funds of $14,856 in Gallia County and $13,427 in Meigs Cou...
Wetterstroem to keynote Memorial Day
GALLIPOLIS — Retired Colonel Bob Wetterstroem will serve as this year’s keynote speaker for the Gallipolis Memorial Day Parade and ceremon...
Rio president finalist for Georgian college presidency
RIO GRANDE — According to a release published on the University System of Georgia website, Dr. Michelle Johnston has recently been selected as t...
Eastern sending 3 to state
LANCASTER, Ohio — Eastern had three athletes qualify for the state tournament, while South Gallia scored its highest-ever point total at the reg...
Eagles fall to Whiteoak, 5-4
LANCASTER, Ohio — No fairy-tale ending here.Whiteoak built a 4-0 lead after an inning of play and ultimately held on to claim a 5-4 victory over...
Bostic named RV boys basketball coach
BIDWELL, Ohio — Back in black … and silver.After a four-year hiatus from the head coaching ranks, Brett Bostic is once again returning to ...
Weber 5th in D-3 discus final
NEW CONCORD, Ohio — The field has started narrowing.The opening day of the Division II Regional 7 track and field meet started Thursday at Muski...
Devils land 4 on All-OVC team
CENTENARY, Ohio — The Gallia Academy baseball team came away with four selections on the 2018 All-Ohio Valley Conference baseball teams, as vote...
Eastern makes regional finals
LANCASTER, Ohio — Elite Eagles.The Eastern baseball team is headed to its first-ever Elite Eight after defeating Centerburg by an 8-3 margin in ...
Peck named asssitant vice president
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Ohio Valley Bank President and CEO Tom Wiseman recently announced the promotion of Stephenie L. Peck to Assistant Vice Presid...
South Gallia announces ‘students of the quarter’
Students of the Quarter at South Gallia Middle/High School for the fourth Nine Weeks. Back row from left: Joseph Mandeville, Ty Walters, Christopher H...
Garden Club meets
GALLIA COUNTY — Members of Four garden clubs in Gallia County were entertained and informed of the red wiggler worm and it’s successfully ...
GIL Electric Walk and Run
Miss Gallipolis in Lights Alexis Wothe stands near the Electric River Run and Walk 5k Saturday. Overall male winner, Nathaniel Abbott, had a time of 1...
Coffee wood, community and cooperation
LAS LOMITAS, Honduras — Gallia County has a history of producing individuals who sought to uplift others out of tough conditions and while Kaleb...
Step out onto the water
One of the most profound assurances that we have as Christians today is the fact of God’s help in living the Christian life. On the one hand, we...
God’s Kids Korner: Trinity Sunday
You might remember last week, we celebrated Pentecost: the day that God gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit. This week is another special Sunday calle...
Waiting too long
One of the great tragedies of life is that of “waiting too long.” Waiting too long to let another know you care. Waiting too long to apolo...
Give honor to the fallen
I never have been comfortable taking time for traveling or picnicking on the Memorial Day weekend. Many avail themselves of such activities because of...
When aging and gravity fight
What do aging and gravity have in common? Together, they produce sagging skin (along with the sun, lifestyle, genetics, weight loss). Getting older me...
How hungry are you?
Food dominates our list of priorities on any given day. Even when we are swamped with calls and commitments, our stomach gargles and whines until we g...