Fire damages two homes
Volunteering in a time of need
Educators look at ‘Diamonds in the Rough’
Childers headlines River Rat Festival
Schools hoping to save power, money with solar
- September Grand Jury indictments released - 11:21 am updated: 11:24 am.
- M&G announces ceasing production activities - 10:23 pm
- South Gallia celebrates homecoming - 8:19 pm
- Superheroes encourage Guiding Hand students - 8:15 pm
- South Gallia Homecoming Royalty - 7:32 pm
- Meigs tops jobless rankings - 12:19 pm
- Bingo fundraiser set for Spay Neuter Assistance Program - 1:36 am
- Gallia Sheriff’s Office gets new SUVs - 1:26 am
- Chamber announces youth entrepreneurship contest - 1:24 am
- Twirling Angels headed to Disney - 1:22 am
- Volunteering in a time of need - 1:16 am
- Race for a Cure set for Oct. 15 - 1:12 am
- Rallying for a cure - 10:00 pm updated: 12:58 pm.
- GPD to charge using state code - 10:43 pm updated: 11:16 pm.
- The traditions of ‘Constitution Day’ - 6:13 pm
- City property owners to be responsible for tenant water bill - 9:22 pm
- GAHS to induct 7 into Athletic HOF - 6:24 pm
- More than $20K raised for St. Jude - 6:14 pm
- Planning commission discusses drug rehabilitation center - 10:01 pm updated: 10:26 pm.
- Learning to ask ‘are you okay?’ - 7:32 pm
- For the record - 7:45 pm
- From the vault : A courthouse mystery - 1:33 am
- Library offers Halloween costume exchange - 1:17 am
- Pomeroy Sternwheel Regatta set for Sept. 22, 23 - 12:50 am
- Speaking out against sexual violence - 12:48 am
Twirling Angels headed to Disney
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Twirling Angels are headed to Orlando, Fla. to represent Gallia County later this year at Disney World. These studen...
Volunteering in a time of need
HOUSTON — “Each one (of the volunteer nurses) left their own life to travel to Houston to serve others — for free. Could I afford th...
Race for a Cure set for Oct. 15
ATHENS — The Third Annual Athens Race for the Cure®, locally presented by the Ohio University School of Nursing and Susan G. Komen Columbus...
Rallying for a cure
OHIO VALLEY —High schools in the area are working to help raise funds and awareness for breast cancer and the Susan G. Komen Foundation through ...
GPD to charge using state code
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis city officials recently made the decision to begin charging criminal offenses beneath the Ohio Revised Code as opposed t...
The traditions of ‘Constitution Day’
GALLIA COUNTY — Grade school students in Gallia County Local Elementary Schools got a lesson on the Constitution Thursday for Constitution Day.S...
Lady Warriors knock off Meigs
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The Lady Marauders just seemed to be fighting from behind all night.Just 11 points separated the Meigs volleyball team from ...
Lady Tornadoes sweep South Gallia
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — No doubt it was three hotly-contested and competitive volleyball games inside a warm South Gallia High School gymnasium on M...
Lady Wildcats sweep Eastern
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — As it turned out, the third time wasn’t the charm.The Eastern volleyball team faced off with Tri-Valley Conference ...
Ohio AP Football Poll
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — How a state panel of sports writers and broadcasters rates Ohio high school football teams in the weekly Associated Press ...
RedStorm men outlast Blue Raiders
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Silas Machado gave the University of Rio Grande a first half lead and Spencer Reinford added an insurance marker in the secon...
Family Dollar now open in Rutland
RUTLAND — Family Dollar is now open in Rutland.The new store held its official grand opening on Saturday, Sept. 16 after a soft opening on Sept....
OVB unveils God’s Hands at Work debit card
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Ohio Valley Bank has unveiled the God’s Hands at Work debit card design as part of its Community First debit card progr...
State BOE member in Gallia
GALLIA COUNTY — When the board of education for Gallia County Local Schools recently met, it had a guest on hand.Nick Owens, State Board of Educ...
The Watson and McComas Reunion was held Aug. 13 at the Raccoon Creek park with 85 in attendance.Both sides had their only living aunt in attendance, L...
Outstanding fashion winner
Olivia Harrison, a member of Early Birds 4-H Club, competed at the Ohio State Fair with her clothing project “Look Great for Less.” After ...
Magic of old movie houses
A couple of columns ago I mentioned coming across a photo of the Gallipolis Theater during the great flood of 1937. My love of old movies spurred me t...
Manna: God’s bread
The Bible has two parts of the same book: the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament tells the story of God’s people before Jesu...
The dual divinity and humanity of Jesus
One of the great “mysteries” of Christianity is the dual divinity and humanity of Jesus the Christ. The New Testament is quite forward in ...
We are too quick to call foul
Charlie Burgoyne of Franklin, West Virginia, is the father of our daughter-in-law, Holly Branch. Charlie is really a great guy. As an avocation, he se...
It’s a heart workout
The heart is a muscle. When’s the last time you worked out your heart?The stronger your heart, the better prepared you are when difficulty comes...
God both knows and cares about your needs
Every so often, I will have a conversation with someone who is especially frustrated with financial struggles and is not afraid to say so. It is not h...