On the job hunt
Cincinnati man sentenced to 33 years
Final ballot issues off for board of elections approval
HNB Middleport to host open house
- Kayak races planned for Tribute to the River - 8:08 pm
- Railroad museum roof nearly finished - 8:06 pm
- Area Bob Evans named ‘Restaurant of the Year’ - 7:03 pm
- August Gallia indictments include rape and murder - 6:12 pm updated: 6:29 pm.
- Rio gives back with backpacks - 5:33 pm
- River Rat Festival coming to City Park - 6:42 pm
- Semis collide on US 35 - 6:32 pm
- Eclipse to take place Monday - 10:24 pm updated: 10:27 pm.
- Emancipation Celebration coming Sept. 15-17 - 9:36 pm
- Rio discusses address discrepancies and emergency concerns - 10:15 pm updated: 10:38 am.
- Wright named city schools superintendent - 9:16 pm
- Candidates to be approved by Gallia board of elections - 12:11 am
- GAHS to host 5K to assist student athletes - 12:04 am
- ODOT names new District 10 Deputy Director - 6:05 pm
- City schools to host open house events - 5:33 pm updated: 6:45 pm.
- Cincinnati man convicted on 10 drug counts - 10:53 pm
- River Valley mentors younger students - 10:13 pm
- Gallia Jr. Fair market steer sale results - 10:13 pm updated: 10:14 pm.
- Gallia Jr. Fair tobacco sale - 10:12 pm
- Reader’s Choice contest begins - 9:23 pm
- Christmas in July benefits Eagle Pack - 2:00 pm
- Planning commission hears opioid treatment plan proposal - 10:20 pm
- More Gallia Jr. Fair project results - 7:35 pm
- Saunders named Librarian of the Year - 7:34 pm
- SGHS, RVHS set orientation events for students - 6:50 pm
Rio discusses address discrepancies and emergency concerns
RIO GRANDE — Rio Grande Village Council gathered in the Rio Grande Municipal Building Monday evening to discuss concerns with what the council h...
Wright named city schools superintendent
GALLIPOLIS — Craig Wright has been named by the Gallipolis City School Board as the new interim superintendent for the 2017-18 school year.Wrigh...
Candidates to be approved by Gallia board of elections
GALLIPOLIS — With the fast approach of the November elections, the Gallia Board of Elections has its final list of candidates to be considered b...
GAHS to host 5K to assist student athletes
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia Academy High School athletics is set to host the inaugural “Finish on the 50” five kilometer dash fundraiser.Hap...
City schools to host open house events
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis City School District is set to host its upcoming open houses in all five schools.On Wednesday, Aug. 16 at 6 p.m., Gallia...
Wildcats picked to repeat as TVC Hocking champs
The defending champs take another win into 2017.The Waterford football team — which was a perfect 8-0 in the Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Divis...
Blue Angels compete in home tri-match
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — The Gallia Academy Blue Angels didn’t get a “W” per se, but they did hold their own in their home opener.Th...
Cullen resigns as WHS baseball coach
MASON, W.Va. — All good things must come to an end.After 38 seasons with the Wahama baseball program, Tom Cullen has decided to step down as hea...
Athens picked to take TVC-Ohio title
Albeit it will be close, but —if you believe the league’s media — then this season’s Tri-Valley Conference Ohio Division champ...
Tornadoes win match at Forest Hills
GLOUSTER, Ohio — A quick turn around a solid bounce back.One night after suffering its first league setback of the year, the Southern golf team ...
Meigs wins 2nd TVC-Ohio golf match
ATHENS, Ohio — It was still another close encounter for the Meigs High School golf team on Wednesday, but the Marauders are making good on winni...
RVMS homeroom listing
BIDWELL — River Valley Middle School has released its homeroom listing for the upcoming school year.Mr. Lee-Trey Day, Olivia Johnson, Alexis Lam...
Market Hog Sale results
GALLIPOLIS — With the Gallia Junior Fair over for another year, livestock is traditionally sold and recorded.For the 2017 market hog sale summar...
OVRTT looks for volunteers
POINT PLEASANT — The Ohio Valley Rescue Transport Team (OVRTT) is looking for new members.The organization, which is funded and operated entirel...
Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer
OHIO VALLEY — The American Red Cross urges blood donors to give in the final weeks of summer to help overcome a chronic summer blood shortage.In...
Market lamb, sheep results
GALLIPOLIS — The following results from this week’s Market Lamb Show at the Gallia County Junior Fair have been released by the Gallia Cou...
Walking on waterMatthew 14: 22-32
Today’s Bible story is from Matthew 14: 22-32. It’s about one of Jesus’ Disciples, Simon Peter, who for a moment became afraid to tr...
How can you stand when shadows stand on your soul?
Everything casts a shadow. We often find ourselves positioned with those things that cast a shadow, like the shadow cast by a passing cloud, a tree, o...
Worries withhold worship
Worries withhold worship.That’s not a good thing. We’re called to worship.“But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now...
More than helpful hints
I recall once being given the privilege of being privy to a conversation held by a trio of ladies who were comparing notes on how the turbulence of th...
Birth to your four inner directions
Pointing the headboard in the direction of the North Pole would have resulted in my birth being less problematic—that is according to my mama. W...
No responsible way to sin
There is no responsible way to play Russian Roulette.This is a thesis which one hopes is both non-controversial and almost universally agreed upon.For...