Honoring Purple Heart recipients
COSI in Gallia County
St. Patty’s Day coming
Health Recovery Services moves locations
Smith named Small Business Advocate of Year
- Honoring Purple Heart recipients - 6:46 pm
- The storm of the century: Looking back at the blizzard of ‘93 - 6:11 pm
- COSI in Gallia County - 6:24 pm
- Student art returning to French Art Colony - 6:19 pm
- For future river workers - 6:13 pm
- Ariel to host Pandolfi - 6:02 pm
- GMCAA receives funding for Help Me Grow - 3:44 pm
- Sen. Portman honored with Farm Bureau Golden Plow Award - 3:43 pm
- Name released in death investigation - 3:07 pm updated: 3:17 pm.
- Rio Council approves addition of 2 full-time officers - 9:32 pm
- Easter egg fundraiser for the city pool - 8:18 pm
- Meigs drops to 3rd in unemployment; Gallia 11th - 5:53 pm updated: 8:04 pm.
- Taylor, Estruth campaign in Pomeroy - 5:50 pm
- Sheriff’s Office investigates ’suspicious’ death - 1:13 pm updated: 1:14 pm.
- Task Force, GPD seize cash, suspected drugs - 12:55 pm updated: 8:29 pm.
- Upcoming Bossard events - 9:46 pm
- 321 citations issued for public records violations in 2017 - 5:32 pm
- Gallipolis man charged with inducing panic - 1:16 am updated: 1:33 am.
- Warrant sweep in Gallia - 10:09 pm
- 9 sentenced in Gallia Common Pleas - 9:42 pm
- West Point at the academy - 9:31 pm
- Family loses home, possessions in Bidwell fire - 6:37 pm
- Blue Devils in the opera house - 6:34 pm
- Issues facing local pilots and aviation - 6:07 pm
- God’s Hands, Pure pageants hold prom giveaway - 6:00 pm
Rio Council approves addition of 2 full-time officers
RIO GRANDE — Rio Grande Village Council met for its regular meeting Tuesday evening and approved the addition of two full-time police officers f...
Easter egg fundraiser for the city pool
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis City Pool Improvement Committee (GCPIC) has begun fundraising for the 2018 pool season. To start the season off they...
Meigs drops to 3rd in unemployment; Gallia 11th
OHIO VALLEY — After three months in the number two spot, Meigs County fell to third in unemployment in January numbers released this week.Gallia...
Taylor, Estruth campaign in Pomeroy
POMEROY — Current Lt. Governor and Republican Governor candidate Mary Taylor made a stop in Pomeroy on Tuesday morning, along with her running m...
Sheriff’s Office investigates ’suspicious’ death
ADDISON TOWNSHIP — Gallia County Sheriff Matt Champlin has released a statement in regards to what law enforcement have called a suspicious deat...
Task Force, GPD seize cash, suspected drugs
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis Police Department (GPD) and the Gallia-Meigs Major Crimes Task Force served a search warrant at a home in the 600-block ...
Grenadiers slip past RedStorm
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — On a day when Rio Grande starter Zach Harvey was as good on the mound as he’s been all season, Indiana University South...
Lady Knights hammer Sissonville, 16-2
SISSONVILLE, W.Va. — The Lady Knights didn’t stumble out of the gates.The Point Pleasant softball team went on an offensive onslaught in i...
10 named to District 13 boys teams
A total of 10 players from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were chosen to the 2018 Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association District 13 boys ba...
RedStorm softball duo honored by RSC
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — University of Rio Grande softball standouts Kelsey Conkey and Mallory Powell have been named the River States Conference Pitc...
GA’s Alex Barnes named All-Ohio HM
COLUMBUS, Ohio —The Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association has released the Division II All-Ohio girls basketball teams, featuring Gallia Academy s...
Making Ohio driver licenses and identification cards more secure
COLUMBUS — In an effort to ensure greater security and identification protection for customers, and to comply with federal regulations, the Ohio...
AAA7 names new board officers
RIO GRANDE — At its final meeting of 2017, the Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) took the opportunity to recognize board of trustees office...
Senior Citizens Art Show and Essay/Poetry Contest
Are you age 55 or older with a talent for art, photography or poetry/essay writing? If so, the Area Agency on Aging District 7, Inc. (AAA7) encourages...
Rio social work students intern with Holzer
Holzer Health System has co;laborated with the University of Rio Grande Social Work program to host interns at its medical center. From left to right,...
STEM camp applications accepted
OHIO VALLEY — Boys and girls currently in 5th through 7th grades from an 11-county region in southern Ohio are invited to attend STEM Camp at Ca...
Donation received for patients
Holzer Center for Cancer Care recently received a donation made by the Christian Life Academy Student Health Council. The students donated gift bags f...
Teen testimony: Constant through the chaos
Many forms of chaos exist, but personal weakness is among the most debilitating. It’s not that I have bad intentions. It’s just that my go...
Living by faith in the ‘every-day’
My wife and I recently watched another remake of a popular mystery by Agatha Christie and found it very interesting in regard to how it addressed murd...
God’s Kids Korner: God knows our hearts (Fifth Sunday of Lent)
There is a very well-known verse in the Old Testament book of Psalms that I would like us to think about this week. It is Psalm 51:10, “Create i...
Ireland welcomed me West Virginia-style
Kissing the Blarney stone and seeing a fairy or two, were on my wish list when I visited Ireland last summer, but I never expected a West Virginia-sty...
Daylight Savings Time takes effect this Sunday at 2 a.m., and none too soon, as far as some folks I’ve spoken with are concerned. This will be t...
Rebuttal to ‘RIP American Legion’
Commander Huber said, “the American Legion Lafayette Post #27 is dying.”But it doesn’t have to be that way.Commander Huber said, ...