Let there be light in the park
Warrant sweep gathers 7
Husted visits Gallia County
CPR examines fentanyl impacts in Gallia, state
Gallia gathers to honor veterans
- Washington Wildcats give back - 3:52 pm
- Governor candidate visits Meigs - 2:51 pm
- Three Gallia residents headed to prison - 4:33 pm
- A Buckeye comes to Bidwell - 10:10 pm updated: 10:12 pm.
- Two arrested following search warrant - 5:40 pm
- The 16th annual Keep Your Fork 5k road race - 5:32 pm
- Hunting program set for area youth - 6:06 pm
- OVS jingling into holidays - 6:03 pm
- AG’s Office holds addiction fighting round table discussion - 5:37 pm
- Husted to speak at Republican Century dinner - 7:29 pm
- Silver Bridge Anniversary to be observed - 6:07 pm updated: 6:28 pm.
- Bearbaiting alleged at Long Bottom resdience - 1:36 pm
- Gallia November indictments released - 7:49 pm
- CIC building bridges with local students - 6:41 pm
- ‘Major drug offender’ sentenced - 6:11 pm
- Nov. Chamber luncheon to discuss marijuana legalization concerns in workplace - 4:18 pm
- Christmas Flower Show to be held - 4:00 pm
- MMS recognizes veterans - 3:28 pm
- Honoring those who served - 1:07 pm
- How grand jury works - 10:07 pm updated: 7:32 pm.
- Rio Campus Police honors officer of the year - 9:48 pm
- Showing support for local veterans - 6:10 pm updated: 6:11 pm.
- Feeding their neighbors - 6:07 pm
- City responds to third levy loss - 6:01 pm
- Diabetes event planned at Wellness Center - 5:27 pm
Husted to speak at Republican Century dinner
BIDWELL — The Gallia Republican Century Club will be hosting Ohio Secretary of State and gubernatorial candidate Jon Husted Thursday at 6 p.m. a...
Silver Bridge Anniversary to be observed
GALLIPOLIS — Bossard Memorial Library, Gallia County Chamber of Commerce, and the Gallia County Convention and Visitors Bureau are teaming up to...
Bearbaiting alleged at Long Bottom resdience
LONG BOTTOM — A search warrant was executed at a Long Bottom residence where an alleged “bearbaiting” event was taking place.Meigs C...
Gallia November indictments released
GALLIPOLIS — Prosecuting Attorney Jason Holdren announces that the Gallia County Grand Jury met in November and returned 46 indictments for the ...
CIC building bridges with local students
BIDWELL — The Gallia Community Improvement Corporation (CIC) recently met at River Valley High School to meet with juniors and seniors in the Ad...
‘Major drug offender’ sentenced
POMEROY — A Columbus man was sentenced to a mandatory 11 years in prison on Monday after pleading no contest to a pair of felony one drug charge...
Ohio zapped by Zips, 37-34
AKRON, Ohio — The Bobcats lost more than just the game Tuesday.The Ohio football team is no longer has a clear path to the Mid-American Conferen...
Short-handed RedStorm dumps Lakers
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Despite having just nine players in uniform and absorbing, arguably, the best overall performance by Wright State University-...
Rio men meet Wolves in NAIA opener
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The University of Rio Grande will host Cardinal Stritch University in the NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship Openi...
OVP Sports Briefs
Presale tickets available at PPJSHSPOINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Presale tickets for the Class AA second round football contest between Point Pleasant...
GA, RV combine for 10 district picks
A total of 10 people from Gallia County were chosen to the 2017 District 13 Coaches Association Division II volleyball teams, as selected by the coach...
Fall festival royalty
Southwestern held its annual Fall Festival fundraiser Saturday, Nov. 4. Students were given the opportunity to run for fall festival royalty by sellin...
Local departments recognized
AAA East Central continued its tradition this year of honoring local police departments for their outstanding efforts in making their communities safe...
Graham named market manager for United Producers, Inc.
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — United Producers, Inc. (UPI) has welcomed Jamie Graham as the new Market Manager of the Gallipolis, Ohio, location.Graham bri...
Reliant Drug Test Solutions opens
Reliant Drug Test Solutions, located at 703 22nd Street, Point Pleasant, recently hosted a ribbon cutting. Pictured in attendance are, from left, City...
November Pediatric Fund sponsors recognized
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations.The Pediatric Fund, in existence for over 45 yea...
A look at Psalm 23
One of the readings for this week is the 23rd Psalm. I know most of you have heard Psalm 23. It is probably the best known and most beloved of the Psa...
Seeking God daily through prayer
In times of trouble and stress, the need for rest becomes all-the-more apparent. How rare it is for us today to make a space in the busyness of life t...
The enemy desires to keep his motives secret
Today, I’m writing about indirect opposition—opposition from an enemy who desires to keep his or her motives secret. Indeed, Nehemiah find...
The Great American Smokeout
As the holidays draw ever closer, one special event coming this month is the Great American Smokeout. This is a national effort to promote the quittin...
Dear Editor,I believe the Ohio Valley has become the Valley of Lost Souls. I firmly believe everybody on drugs has become a lost soul and the Ohio Val...
Circle your soul with rubies
I loved feeling the soft hippopotamus on my cheek as I lay my head on him. Multi-colored like Biblical Joseph’s coat, it wasn’t gray like ...